Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who else passionately hates rednecks?
Who else passionately hates rednecks?
So, does anyone else legitimately hate rednecks? I don't mean just people that live in the country who like to hunt and fish, those are just rural people. I mean fucking uneducated, anti-intellectual, bigoted, holier than thou, hypocritical fucking rednecks. 

I won't name names here, but let's just say I know a few people that fit this bill perfectly. One of them has a felony for statutory rape, yet goes around acting like he's better than everyone else. If you even mention other religions or atheism, he gets offended like you just insulted his wife and kids in the biggest way possible. Yet, he's knocked up 5 or 6 different people that he's not even married to, while claiming how sacred marriage is, and that gay people go against his magic sky daddy's wishes. You know those kinds of religious hypocrites, use the bible to justify their hatred, follow none of the other shit. He never learns from his mistakes, and blames everyone else for his problems and shitty life. Then ofc he also denies science like evolution, climate change, and vaccines. And lastly, the racism. He went to prison for statutory rape, yet he hates "n****rs" because he found that black people in prison were annoying. It's like well ofc the people you went to PRISON with are going to be bad and annoying. That's where shitty people that do shitty things go... as well as some people that are only in there because drugs. He went to prison with these people yet acts like he's better than everyone with more melanin in their skin and facial features adapted for a warmer climate. Guess who he's voting for? Yep, Donald Trump. 

I know others that are ignorant of basic American history, basic laws, and basic common knowledge. If you ask them what the civil war was fought over, they argue, "IT WAS STATE'S RIGHTS!" No, there were several factors. The south was trying to export raw cotton to Europe, which would have killed the manufacturing jobs in the north (and 150 years later, they're doing that kind of shit again but this time nobody cares) so Abe Lincoln put tariffs on foreign goods. Secondly, yes, slavery played a part. It was in the Confederacy's constitution and in the constitution (and other writings) of many other southern states. State's rights? Yeah, state's rights to own slaves. The same argument was used again in other civil rights arguments like the abolishing of Jim Crow, reproductive rights, gay rights and gay marriage, etc. Next it'll be trans rights. 

Not even half way through this explanation is when some ignorant fucking hick would interrupt me and talk over me loudly because, y'know, those who can talk the loudest win. They have the personalities of children and chimpanzees. Say anything to them and they will throw a temper tantrum and act like a child at the playground, or a chimp at a zoo. Why is it that those who deny that we came from monkeys are always the ones that act the most like them? I don't see any difference between hicks, radical Muslims, and ghetto rags. They're all violent, childish, and willfully ignorant. 

We should just nuke the south and mid-west, because that's where all these dumb fucks breed and conjure.
RE: Who else passionately hates rednecks?
I don't passionately hate or love anyone.
There are ignoramuses in every part of the country, and good folk too.

I dunno. These days, is "redneck" equivalent to "hillbilly" and/or "white trash"? It seems they used to be different, but not so much anymore.

I like plaid, Slim Jims, Chevy Silverados, and Wal-Mart. I like mullets on some men, and <3 southern accents on a girl. I am conservative in some of my politics.

But, anything can be done in a way that is overkill.

ETA: Waiting on Coke 600 right now. Go Dale Jr.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I don't hate anyone.
I'm British so I'm probably not fully aware of the term "redneck", but I thought in modern uses it was just a particular term for trashy white people? Like not necessarily poor or rural white people, but just a very specific kind of person who is ignorant about class, race, etc etc

I just don't like ignorance in general. This guy you describe in the opening post sounds like a fucking ignorant asshole on all levels and he's not someone I'd be able to rub shoulders with.

I can't go with the whole "oh no, there's nobody I hate!" campfire-singing rhetoric though. There are some downright shitty people who I do strongly dislike and even hate, and that's ok, wouldn't wish violence on them but I can say there's people I can't fucking stand.

Also mullets are a crime against humanity and deserve the capital punishment for people who wear them.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Well actually, I do hate people. Just not rednecks. Haven't had any interaction with them. I live in Scotland.
God doesn't seem to like rednecks much either.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Only when they vote.
So you don't just mean rednecks, you mean anti intellectual, bigoted, hypocritical people who are also white and working class.

Yeh I do passionately hate those people, to an extent. In England I think the closest equivalent is chavs.  They can make pretty horrible neighbors, work colleges and so on.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone else planting dandelions? arewethereyet 5 725 May 1, 2021 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1101 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Anyone else have that "weird" friend? Atomic Lava 31 2607 November 28, 2019 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Does anyone else remember...? Cecelia 20 1786 July 30, 2019 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Anyone else had an AF meet up? About to lose my virginity Whateverist 52 8580 April 29, 2018 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Anybody else overthink the most basic shit? Kookaburra 19 2022 March 22, 2018 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  Does Anyone Else Ever Feel Like This...? Edwardo Piet 14 2245 November 17, 2017 at 10:32 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Ever had a fun experience ruined by someone else? NuclearEnergy 5 2043 June 3, 2017 at 12:20 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Anyone else noticed that Min's absent for a week? abaris 116 8309 February 6, 2017 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Violet
  Anyone else start to feel like they're going insane when they get tired? EruptedCarcassBloat 9 1541 October 11, 2016 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin