Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not enough to do anything about it, though.
Not enough to do anything about it, though.
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/05/nashvill...state-law/

Quote:Nashville mayor ‘deeply concerned’ about lost tourist revenue resulting from anti-gay state law

Quote:Nashville Mayor Megan Barry told reporters she is “deeply concerned” about lost revenue to Nashville city coffers as a result of legislation that allows counselors to turn away LGBT patients, WKRN reports.

Barry told the station she hopes businesses and organizations don’t punish the city for actions taken at the state level after several conventions have already been cancelled.

“I am deeply concerned about the loss of revenue to our city because of action taken by the state legislature,” she told WKRN. “Come to Nashville. We are a warm and welcoming place. And we really don’t want the cities to be punished for things that the states may do.”
RE: Not enough to do anything about it, though.
*Stays away from Nashville*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Stay away from Tennessee!
Warm/welcoming? Really?
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Quote:“I am deeply concerned about the loss of revenue to our city because of action taken by the state legislature,” she told WKRN. “Come to Nashville. We are a warm and welcoming place. And we really don’t want the cities to be punished for things that the states may do.”

Um, that's kinda the point of boycotting, dude: to make you, and a whole bunch of other people, so deeply concerned about your bottom line that you actually get up and do something to rectify it. Last I checked, it's still a representative democracy; maybe it's time to get your state government to represent you.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Seems like they would be picking up klan and aryan and fundamentalist christian conventions to make up for the slack.

So why the pissing and moaning ??
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(May 29, 2016 at 10:36 pm)Esquilax Wrote:
Quote:“I am deeply concerned about the loss of revenue to our city because of action taken by the state legislature,” she told WKRN. “Come to Nashville. We are a warm and welcoming place. And we really don’t want the cities to be punished for things that the states may do.”

Um, that's kinda the point of boycotting, dude: to make you, and a whole bunch of other people, so deeply concerned about your bottom line that you actually get up and do something to rectify it. Last I checked, it's still a representative democracy; maybe it's time to get your state government to represent you.

She's a southerner, Esq.  Ya gotta make allowances.
So, where was she months ago when this all started? 
Now that she sees what the financial consequences to her city could be she is all of a sudden concerned about those implications.
Shame on her for showing concern not for the rights of Trans people but because her city will suffer financially.
She should resign for being so callous.
Well conducted introspection dispels the dreams and delirium on wich gods feed.
Atheism is not therapy but restored mental health.
-Michel Onfray-
Well, that would require a sense of integrity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is completely inadequate to explain anything whatsoever Whateverist 20 2892 March 14, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Um, should we do anything special today (Maundy Thursday) ?? vorlon13 27 5022 April 14, 2017 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  Do Any Christians Actually Know Anything About the Sadducees and the Pharisees? Jenny A 30 6498 September 20, 2015 at 3:09 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The ONLY excuse good enough for God? ronedee 99 8562 June 1, 2015 at 10:24 am
Last Post: Chas
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7180 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist Mister Agenda 51 10227 October 6, 2014 at 9:59 pm
Last Post: HopOnPop
  And now (if it weren't already blatant enough) we know... Lucanus 7 2631 August 23, 2014 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Did I miss anything? Drich 60 11993 August 7, 2014 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Is there anything new under the sun to say about religion? Whateverist 10 2412 March 2, 2014 at 1:59 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Are you man enough... Ksa 33 7039 December 30, 2013 at 11:25 am
Last Post: Ksa