Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dualism vs. Individualism
Dualism vs. Individualism
Some people think that they have the power of God on their side.  This is what I call dualism versus individualism.  The Truth is not worth knowing.  Richard Dawkins reads science like a true believer reads the Bible.  In it, he finds every answer.
RE: Dualism vs. Individualism
Not every answer is found through the study of science. Rather, science provides some answers, but in the end science not having all the answers does not mean that one should conclude irrationally that a supernatural cause is the answer.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 30, 2016 at 12:02 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Not every answer is found through the study of science.  Rather, science provides some answers, but in the end science not having all the answers does not mean that one should conclude irrationally that a supernatural cause is the answer.

God is not evil, he does not exist.
Carusmm ought to be an anagram for nonsequitur, but sadly isn't.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
(May 30, 2016 at 12:00 am)carusmm Wrote: Some people think that they have the power of God on their side.  This is what I call dualism versus individualism.  The Truth is not worth knowing.  Richard Dawkins reads science like a true believer reads the Bible.  In it, he finds every answer.

Well done lying about what Dawkins thinks. It makes such a great testament as to the sincerity of the rest of your posts.

In other words if you can't play the ball, at least play the man not a straw copy.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(May 30, 2016 at 12:10 am)carusmm Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 12:02 am)Maelstrom Wrote: Not every answer is found through the study of science.  Rather, science provides some answers, but in the end science not having all the answers does not mean that one should conclude irrationally that a supernatural cause is the answer.

God is not evil, he does not exist.
Tomatoes are not really a vegetable. They are in fact, a fruit.
This is what we call dudealism.
No offense, but 5 new threads going pretty much nowhere. How many more will there be?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the fact that many non-human animals have pituitary disprove Cartesian Dualism? FlatAssembler 36 2092 June 23, 2023 at 9:36 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Individualism Is Stupid ( Or Why Libertarianism And Objectivism Is Stupid) Amarok 27 4400 December 6, 2017 at 7:39 am
  Dance of the Hopeful Nihilist: Dualism in Nietzsche Mudhammam 0 722 April 8, 2017 at 11:55 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Short essay on dualism, idealism, & materialism as concerns Q: What is a table? Mudhammam 28 4603 February 27, 2017 at 3:02 am
  Individualism, the worst thing to come from religion. I and I 21 5435 December 26, 2013 at 10:34 pm
Last Post: TaraJo