Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:37 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Science - our only hope
Science - our only hope
Science is constantly examining itself, it is our only hope.  Science is not the whole truth, but nothing can be done with a single truth like God.  To me, Laplace was very right to ignore God as a hypothesis.
RE: Science - our only hope
Don't rule out Baneemyism without trying it first.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What about Obi-Wan Kenobi? I thought he was our only hope.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

If God doesn't exist, than life will end with the state of non existence. Science can't fix it.

A state of sleep without dreams is closest description of death we have. We will just perish like sparks. For non believers in magic/supernatural there is only "nothing" in the end.
If god exists, I'll burn in hell but never have to go to school again. 

If god doesn't exists, then there will be nothing and I'll never have to go to school again.

Optimism solves problems, guys.
If that means application of lithium or valproate, I agree. Other than that I have no comment.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(May 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: If God doesn't exist, than life will end with the state of non existence.

Well done matey! You're getting the hang of it I see.

But don't say it like it's a bad thing.
We're biology. All biology must die... Celebrate your time alive.
That's what it's all about. Fantasizing otherwise won't change it.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(May 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: For non believers in magic/supernatural there is only "nothing" in the end.

Believers share the same fate despite mass delusion to the contrary. The critical difference is that believers adhere to a certain version of the afterlife and incessantly attempt to use the power of the state and societal influence to ensure that I adhere to all the special rules required to enter the unproven afterlife. I simply ask that you keep it to yourselves. Is that too much to ask?
(May 30, 2016 at 6:40 pm)Cato Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 3:33 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: For non believers in magic/supernatural there is only "nothing" in the end.

Believers share the same fate despite mass delusion to the contrary. The critical difference is that believers adhere to a certain version of the afterlife and incessantly attempt to use the power of the state and societal influence to ensure that I adhere to all the special rules required to enter the unproven afterlife. I simply ask that you keep it to yourselves. Is that too much to ask?

I'm not practicing religion. I just chat to see how people think here.

I didn't know that until recently, but Iran(theocratic state) cuts of its citizens arms just like in old testament for small crimes. THIS is nightmare. I guess you cannot not worship in such society.
(May 30, 2016 at 7:55 am)carusmm Wrote: Science is constantly examining itself, it is our only hope.  Science is not the whole truth, but nothing can be done with a single truth like God.  To me, Laplace was very right to ignore God as a hypothesis.

As a linguistic, I wonder why you made reference to god being a truth.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  When we close our eyes are we "seeing" dark or do our eyes shutdown? ErGingerbreadMandude 19 2512 December 9, 2017 at 6:10 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  The Only Way To Stop A Bad Guy With A Club Minimalist 5 1271 January 21, 2016 at 2:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is science the only way to knowledge? Vincenzo Vinny G. 115 25559 November 29, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: JDFlood
  The Science of Why We Don’t Believe Science FifthElement 23 7688 June 25, 2013 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Rahul
  We can dare to dream of the stars again, if only we can achieve this small thing. Annik 49 18056 May 17, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Science Laughs: Science Comedian Brian Malow orogenicman 4 4266 December 10, 2010 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Lethe