Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The badman.
The badman.
The batman story might resemble the usual endless fight between a villain and a hero, i'm finding it having the same annoying Hollywood clichès just like in every hero movie. I get that it's a morality tale, but damn...do they make it boring!

Let's define the joker: A goddamin' hero with a pair of solid balls ready to stand his ground and fight for his ideas, even though(as he knows) he'll probably lose the fight, and on the other hand we've got the spoiled rich cunt, using his daddy's money to buy expensive equipment and shields to fight bad guys at night, oh but don't forget, he had a real hard time when he was young fighting bat phobia.. pfffff I just don't see a hero in this story.

and I think the director saw this and tried to correct this huge character flaw in the 3rd chapter in the trilogy, by making him go into the pointless hole thingy to jump and making him fail over and over again, and ofc the poor guy clothes that he wore. what a nice trip into the tough world. Dodgy

another thing, why are good guys in these type of movies so goddamin' perfect ? can we have a little controversy ?! 
Super heros always having great attitude, 100% by-the-book moral code, and very nice to everyone,...... who gives a shit ?! I would've loved it if they combined batman with american psycho, it would make so much sense, the egocentric arrogant cocky batman having a sick twisted side, now that's a story.

The reason for this is the same reason no one talks about Einstein's mad sexual affair, I even liked him more after reading about it.
The reason is this: People don't think good and evil can get mixed in one personality, they think good and evil are two different things, they don't think good and evil are very much subjective,.................. they think there are such things as good and evil.
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: The badman.
Gee, I was just told that most human males cannot conceive of a world without an enemy.  Therefore: Satan.  And every superhero/god/demigod story ever told.  

Although . . . I should rent "Deadpool".  I wonder if it's a decent addition to the genre.  The KickAss movies weren't too bad, kids with no powers and no money . . . but still, the bad guy loses in the end, of course.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Hollywood continually makes the same movie over and over again.  It's called risk-aversion.
Anyone who doesn't believe that there is evil in the world is seriously deluding themselves. Good and Evil are opposites. And, as Jesus said, Either you are with me or against me.
(May 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm)carusmm Wrote: Anyone who doesn't believe that there is evil in the world is seriously deluding themselves.  Good and Evil are opposites.  And, as Jesus said, Either you are with me or against me.

Of course the is evil in the world.  The question is whether there is always an ultimate bad ass villion, or is shades of gray are possible.  Hollywood block busters, like Jesus,  see in black and white.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
Superman, I would consider squeaky clean. I've always regarded Batman as a hero nursing deep psychological trauma and megalomania. 

Off the top of my head, The Punisher, Magneto, and John Constantine, are few of the kind f*cked-up heroes that don't fit the classic good guy mold. I think many people enjoy a good anti-hero these days; Perhaps because they're more reflective of our flawed nature.
(May 30, 2016 at 10:27 pm)Jenny A Wrote:
(May 30, 2016 at 9:56 pm)carusmm Wrote: Anyone who doesn't believe that there is evil in the world is seriously deluding themselves.  Good and Evil are opposites.  And, as Jesus said, Either you are with me or against me.

Of course the is evil in the world.  The question is whether there is always an ultimate bad ass villion, or is shades of gray are possible.  Hollywood block busters, like Jesus,  see in black and white.

There is no half way with Jesus, either he is all bad or he is a hero.