Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old bible or quran finds important? Not as important as this
Old bible or quran finds important? Not as important as this
12,000 to 14,000 year old cave paintings found in Spain: 300 metres down.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160526/ancient-...-paintings

Cool
Dying to live, living to die.
RE: Old bible or quran finds important? Not as important as this
Another geological find that disproves the biblical age of our planet.

Suck on that, Christianity!
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Um... "Satan" painted that to fuck up the faithful?
Poor, delusional, Min. I fear for you. Wink
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
How do you know they are that old?  Were you there?

(Running through my list of asinine bible-thumper comments.)
(May 31, 2016 at 1:23 am)Minimalist Wrote: How do you know they are that old?  Were you there?

(Running through my list of asinine bible-thumper comments.)

Yes. You can't prove I wasn't!
[Image: XTxnyAzB.png]
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(May 30, 2016 at 11:40 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: 12,000 to 14,000 year old cave paintings found in Spain: 300 metres down.

http://www.thelocal.es/20160526/ancient-...-paintings

Cool

And here was I thinking you'd found 50p down the back of your couch.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Well you know the mental gymnastics are already in place to explain anything. Like one of the resident intellectuals here claimed in another thread, biblical years were of variable lengths and thus are equal to whatever actual age of earth scientists come up with.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

This reminds me of Werner Herzog's documentary about similar cave, but in France "Cave of Forgotten Dreams". The thing with Herzog is that he captures eccentricities of people and you can see people going around that place walking and listening to the ground to hear if there are more caves like that. I imagine people in Spain doing the same.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DAWN finds organic materials on dwarf planet Ceres! Alex K 9 1508 February 18, 2017 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  Important Research Pyrrho 10 2253 July 27, 2015 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Important Debate Question Ksa 24 4042 May 21, 2014 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Rampant.A.I.
  Your memory rewrites the past and edits it with new experiences, study finds Gooders1002 6 2180 March 22, 2014 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: tor
  NASA telescope finds planet in habitible zone Doubting Thomas 15 6134 December 6, 2011 at 7:48 pm
Last Post: Norfolk And Chance