Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Non-Human Interest Story
A Non-Human Interest Story
Y'all know that I like to post about golfing on here, which almost everyone finds boring.  To the casual observer, it is boring! BUT: sometimes you can't help but see something cool:

[Image: jWsF1kv.jpg]

Ok, quality's really crappy because I couldn't get any closer lest my life be snuffed out, but that's a Momma Bear and three cubs about 90 yards away!

When I got to the 9th green, we saw a bit of a commotion with the group in front of us, and it turns out they were all gathered watching a brown bear (about 6 feet, very decent size) and three cubs chilling in the woods behind the 9th hole.  The cart path went pretty close to them, and when the group in front of us drove their carts back to the clubhouse, the three little bears scampered up a tree and the momma bear started looking around and getting defensive!  So being level-headed young men we hung back until the little bear cubs came down the tree and they all ran off (it turns out they were heading to a dumpster to get food).

But, it was awesome! I don't think I'd ever been that close to a bear before, let alone on with cubs.

So... post some pictures or stories of you interacting with nature?!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
RE: A Non-Human Interest Story
i wish i had my phone i was walking home from my friends house and other times i would
see wolves and other animals in my area including bob cat cubs and even a bob cat. I have seen bears too in my area
i like were i love being sticks is pretty amazing some times.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I would have hit into you for slow play. hehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
When there was still a garbage dump near my family's camp in the Adirondacks, we used to go watch the bears eating. They used to get crazy close. Think The Great Outdoors.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
No photo but you did remind me of a joke.

Quote:"Bad day at the course," a guy tells his wife. "Charlie had a heart attack on the third hole."
"That's terrible!" she says.
"You're telling me," the husband replies. "All day long, it was hit the ball, drag Charlie."
And you guys think Australia is dangerous!
(Just don't go in the water!)
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: So... post some pictures or stories of you interacting with nature?!

When I worked at the nature preserve, I came across plenty of critters out scouring for their daily bread.

Diamond-backed watersnake. Same snake in both shots:
[Image: dc8vpu.jpg]

[Image: 1qh8au.jpg]

Ironclad beetle:

[Image: 6ektog.jpg]

Coral snake:
[Image: 6fyuxv.jpg]

Giant swallow-tail butterfly, at rest and in-flight:
[Image: 2r4r579.jpg]

[Image: 32zlwkl.jpg]

A covey of yellow-eared sliders:
[Image: 2dso5k1.jpg]

Grey fox:
[Image: 2v3piev.jpg]

[Image: ei6tmd.jpg]

I hate how dead The UK is. We don't have any real "wildlife" apart from foxes and the odd deer

Well, guess we have the benefit of being very safe from predators here, but it's not very exciting.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

Red-striped racer. Yes, in the second shot he's crawling through a porous mineral column and sticking out both ends, the clever bastard:

[Image: 28156r5.jpg]

[Image: 2r6grb9.jpg]

[Image: 2585ete.jpg]

A couple of the catfish that lived there:

[Image: 1rp1fq.jpg]

One of our jackalopes:

[Image: 2uhmpex.jpg]

Another jackrabbit, about a year later:

[Image: 154zz2c.jpg]

Juvenile diamond-backed watersnake:

[Image: jszs7d.jpg]

A juvenile cottonmouth (which I almost stepped on!), and an adult:

[Image: sg75up.jpg]

[Image: 2zrnbyb.jpg]

A pissed-off Western diamondback:

[Image: 2n1zukk.jpg]

An injured red-eared cooter I found working the entry one day:

[Image: oea8l.jpg]

Roadrunner -- second shot was outside our entry booth:
[Image: 2ztbwxt.jpg]

[Image: oqha1c.jpg]

Garden spider:

[Image: 2qtam92.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 520573 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 847 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1526 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1149 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1167 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Non-Alcoholic Beer Foxaèr 48 2483 June 13, 2021 at 5:30 am
  Non-Alcoholic Bears LadyForCamus 8 644 June 12, 2021 at 6:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2262 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
  A story Apollo 2 411 November 22, 2020 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  About non European films. Peebothuhlu 4 499 November 15, 2020 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu