Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God vs. Iron Chariots
God vs. Iron Chariots
God is supposed to be all powerful, and it's made clear if god is with a certain group of people, they will win.
Deuteronomy 20:1-4
1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you

And yet...
Judges 1:19
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

The somewhat laughable part is the verse below,
Joshua 17:18
but the forested hill country as well. Clear it, and its farthest limits will be yours; though the Canaanites have chariots fitted with iron and though they are strong, you can drive them out."

So, Christians, can god stop Iron Chariots?
RE: God vs. Iron Chariots
(June 6, 2016 at 9:06 pm)Socratic Meth Head Wrote: God is supposed to be all powerful, and it's made clear if god is with a certain group of people, they will win.
1 When you go to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army greater than yours, do not be afraid of them, because the Lord your God, who brought you up out of Egypt, will be with you

And yet...
And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

but the forested hill country as well. Clear it, and its farthest limits will be yours; though the Canaanites have chariots fitted with iron and though they are strong, you can drive them out."

If god is afraid of iron chariots he should be fucking frighted we got fucking tanks and planes etc.
If a iron chariot can pretty fuck up gods plan a fucking tank will halt his plan altogether. Let's not forget the 
Hind that helicopter is literally a flying fucking tank.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
No one in their right mind would make an iron chariot.  They were not grouped into Panzer Divisions.
God must be a fairy. According to pagan culture, iron was the one thing that harmed fairies.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Iron is like Kryptonite to the Lord.

Kind of like how it is with the fae. 

[Image: tumblr_mumytyGQ0O1rkgdzfo1_500.jpg]
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
(June 6, 2016 at 9:33 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: God must be a fairy.  According to pagan culture, iron was the one thing that harmed fairies.

DAMMIT MAELSTROM!!!!!!!!
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
You seem to be something of a pussy around the Philistines too, yhwh.

Quote:And it came to pass, when Pharaoh had let the people go, that God led them not through the way of the land of the Philistines, although that was near; for God said, Lest peradventure the people repent when they see war, and they return to Egypt:

Ex 13:17

You just kicked the shit out of the Egyptians.  Why were the fucking Philistines too tough for you?
(June 6, 2016 at 9:06 pm)Socratic Meth Head Wrote: God is supposed to be all powerful, and it's made clear if god is with a certain group of people, they will win.

And yet...

Sooo...

I am assuming you have no idea what the book of Judges is all about?

Judges is a book that describes unrepentant sin of Israel, God's judgement, and thier destruction through a series of "Judges," then beaten and broken the jews Repent, then God bring them back into a state of grace, and the whole process repeats when the next generation forgot the lessons learn by the previous generation.

Just because God was with Judah, what makes you assume that they are destined to win? Again though out this book God is with the people over and over again when they loose their battles.

Appearently the God of the bible and what you think A god should be are two different things otherwise you would not be seem to eager to point a non existing paradox.
And the "iron chariots"?
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
Maelstrom Wrote:God must be a fairy.  According to pagan culture, iron was the one thing that harmed fairies.

That supports the idea that Jesus was God's son or God incarnate. Same vulnerability.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was Jesus and Iron Age Cult Leader? trustedsource 11 5392 July 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12318 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  God get's angry, Moses changes God's plans of wrath, God regrets "evil" he planned Mystic 9 6681 February 16, 2012 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Strongbad