Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:11 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Deal, Edmonds
No Deal, Edmonds
Just saw this in my FB trending news feed and for one blissful moment I thought it was another 'celebrity' death, or maybe a Yewtree thing. Then I clicked it.

Noel Edmonds: 'Negative Attitude' Caused Man's Cancer

Quote:Noel Edmonds has become involved in a Twitter row with a man who he suggested had cancer because of his "negative attitude".

The Deal Or No Deal presenter has been praising a machine he uses which is said to stimulate "cellular resonance" in the body.

He claims the EMPpad, which uses pulsed electromagnetic field therapy (PEMF), "slows ageing, reduces pain, lifts depression" among other benefits.

But @VaunEarl, whose Twitter biography says he has kidney cancer, lymph node metastases and psoriatic arthritis, called the machine "quackery".

"This sort of quackery should be illegal if it isn't already," he wrote.

Quote:"I think Noel Edmonds should stick to what he's good at. Presenting quiz shows and beard trimming, rather than curing cancer."

Quote:Edmonds fired back: "Scientific fact-disease is caused by negative energy. Is it possible your ill health is caused by your negative attitude? #explore".

Seriously, we lost Victoria Wood, Ronnie Corbett and Frank Kelly (and Gareth "Blake" Thomas), but had to get stuck with this sanctimonious shit?
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: No Deal, Edmonds
Bloody idiot.

Every Trekkie knows that the Cellular Regeneration and Entertainment Chamber won't be invented for a few hundred years.

[Image: latest?cb=20060602060640&path-prefix=en]
Dying to live, living to die.
When our dog pulled his achilles tendon a sports vet here tried to sell my wife a t-PEMF. It was a loop of wire hooked up to a 4 watch battery driven pulse device. It only cost $400 to rent for 4 weeks.

Guess who found another vet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 7, 2016 at 9:38 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: When our dog pulled his achilles tendon a sports vet here tried to sell my wife a t-PEMF. It was a loop of wire hooked up to a 4 watch battery driven pulse device. It only cost $400 to rent for 4 weeks.

The smart people?

Cool
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 7, 2016 at 9:42 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 7, 2016 at 9:38 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: When our dog pulled his achilles tendon a sports vet here tried to sell my wife a t-PEMF. It was a loop of wire hooked up to a 4 watch battery driven pulse device. It only cost $400 to rent for 4 weeks.

The smart people?

Cool

Ding, ding, ding, ding. We have a winner! Stim, please tell our lovely contestant what she has won!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 7, 2016 at 8:26 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Bloody idiot.

Every Trekkie knows that the Cellular Regeneration and Entertainment Chamber won't be invented for a few hundred years.

[Image: latest?cb=20060602060640&path-prefix=en]

Even then, the Minions of Orthodoxy will try to suppress it. Probably descendants of the American Republican party.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
If it is stimulates "cellular resonance" in the body, can anyone tell me the resonant frequency of a cell, do all cells have the same frequency and how can I measure it to check that it's working?
We need details (ie numbers) not pseudo scientific babble.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So UFO's and aliens... what's the deal? Mechaghostman2 39 6445 October 18, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Asmodee