Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Being a sinner just for being born
Being a sinner just for being born
Now that I got some help from two wonderful people on here I can post the picture of a 'friend' on Facebook and her 'heartfelt' confession on my newsfeed. I honestly couldn't believe what I was reading. What these people were describing was horrible and yet they were happy about it. I don't understand how people can be happy knowing that some god calls them awful and unworthy of him just for being born.

They sit there and have a conversation about how we can literally do nothing to be worthy. It was just because god was so good that he 'allowed' us the gift of salvation. We have to say sorry for having done nothing wrong. I don't get how that is a loving god. It sounds like a small petty man with a... god complex. lol If I could ever believe in god I don't think I would find him very loving nor caring. I find this whole conversation full of very weak people. They must think so little of themselves that they have to ask a god to make them better people. They think that nothing they do is, or ever will be, good enough. That alone they are nothing. That must be such a sad train of thought, it is no wonder they look to something bigger for help.
[Image: adri.png]
RE: Being a sinner just for being born
I don't see anything outside of normal Christian language. I don't think you understand the context of their comments. Ask a specific question and perhaps I can shed some light on their phrasing or underlying belief.
(June 9, 2016 at 4:02 pm)SteveII Wrote: I don't see anything outside of normal Christian language. I don't think you understand the context of their comments. Ask a specific question and perhaps I can shed some light on their phrasing or underlying belief.

What is your favorite electromagnet wavelenght?
It's not so much that I don't understand it's more of shock. I've been around Christians all my life and I know the whole if you don't believe you go to hell part but just the way their conversation made their god sound scary yet they were all so happy about it made me question why they don't see it. I don't think I have ever heard them speak so bluntly. One even went on to say that the good are being punished because of the bad. I thought that going through bad things wasn't a punishment I thought it was god's will and in his plan. So his plan is to punish everyone regardless of if you follow him? I reckon I'm more so complaining than asking anything. It just seems a bit too much like Westborough Church and that angered me.
Quote:I don't understand how people can be happy knowing that some god calls them awful and unworthy of him just for being born.

[Image: Mommy-1.jpg]
Being any form of xtian is helped by being a huge asshole.
Yes, the idea of needing redemption simply for being a descendant of someone who "disobeyed God" is probably the most disgusting part of Christianity.

Of course, each Christian can just make up whatever they want, so not all of them will subscribe to this. Kudos to those that don't.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
They wish to be like Jesus - a holy martyr. Jesus went on a suicide mission, they wish to do the same for the common good of gods will.
They gotta keep the hook in, keep ya coming around. So you're always a sinner, birth to death.

If one day god said OK, you are no longer a sinner, they'd (any religion) go bat shit crazy. No money, no manipulation, no power.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
The idea of being punished (at birth) for a crime you did not even have time to commit is both stupid and evil. If a man in France commits a murder we should hang someone in Spain for it. This makes just as much sense.
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

For the most part I think Christians just repeat stupid shit they hear in church not really knowing what it implies but thinking it sounds pretty good to them
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Before I was born... Jehanne 12 1712 June 26, 2018 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1225 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Is it really politically correct to say Happy Holidays, or is it just being polite? mrappleman 41 7950 November 22, 2014 at 10:01 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Who is the biggest sinner? dyresand 12 3058 October 20, 2014 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Has being gay become more socially acceptable than being an atheist? TaraJo 25 4904 March 3, 2014 at 1:55 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Are you born agnostic or atheist? MilesTailsPrower 17 8671 June 28, 2011 at 1:07 am
Last Post: Faith No More
  "We're All Born Atheists" - A Religious Person Defends Non-Belief Paul the Human 1 1975 June 20, 2010 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Minimalist