Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 7:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hello all
hello all
Hello all! I am not really sure what all I should post as an intro, so...

What do you guys want to know about me? Smile
RE: hello all
Hi. Welcome to AF. My first question is... hellhole?
(August 6, 2010 at 4:07 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Hi. Welcome to AF. My first question is... hellhole?

I do not believe in hell (eternal hell), and I have a flare for puns, so... the handle just came to me.

Good question! Keep em' coming Smile .

(and thank you for the welcome!)
(August 6, 2010 at 4:02 pm)youhadme_at_hellhole Wrote: What do you guys want to know about me? Smile

Welcome to the hellmouth, like Buffy used to say.
Uh... so what do you believe in, generally speaking? Personally, I'm not surprised more christians don't beileve in hell, considering that I don't believe it's mentioned at all in the bible and didn't become a prominant idea until much later, culminating into Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno (both thumping good reads, IMO).
Alright mate! How are ya.

[Image: mousy.gif]
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 6, 2010 at 4:25 pm)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: Welcome to the hellmouth, like Buffy used to say.
Uh... so what do you believe in, generally speaking? Personally, I'm not surprised more christians don't beileve in hell, considering that I don't believe it's mentioned at all in the bible and didn't become a prominant idea until much later, culminating into Paradise Lost and Dante's Inferno (both thumping good reads, IMO).

Let's see... generally speaking, I believe in God and the salvation of everyone... I also believe that I cannot know that my conclusions are 100% accurate (ala Agnosticism), and I also use a liberal sprinkling of logic interspersed in my conclusions.
Hmm...well, there are a couple believers on this site, but most really don't stay long. (I'm not trying to be mean, just saying.) You'll just have to be careful, and not try to avoid the topic when someone questions you on your beliefs. Hope you have fun here!
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(August 6, 2010 at 4:57 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: Hmm...well, there are a couple believers on this site, but most really don't stay long. (I'm not trying to be mean, just saying.) You'll just have to be careful, and not try to avoid the topic when someone questions you on your beliefs. Hope you have fun here!

I appreciate it! I will not try to dodge the posts... but I will say that I'm not here to convert anybody, so if it looks like a storm is brewing, I'll simply say so and bow out. I also don't have a problem admitting that I don't know it all, and that I can't prove anything or believe anything with absolute certainty.

That kind of makes me a moving target, which is MUCH more difficult to hit ;-)
- Dante Voltaire
Cool. I like you already.
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
(August 6, 2010 at 5:09 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: Cool. I like you already.

That makes two of us. Big Grin
- Dante Voltaire

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello to all SimpleCaveman 52 3591 November 29, 2023 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: SimpleCaveman
  Hello y'all BillieBobbie 3 725 January 18, 2023 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Objectivist
  Twitter refugee, hello all Dizzyagain 27 1770 October 20, 2020 at 7:32 pm
Last Post: Dizzyagain
  Hello All! Smedders 11 741 December 29, 2019 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello all Bmanne 23 2982 December 12, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: sebaslopez
  Hello All Mark Alien 24 2691 August 7, 2019 at 11:25 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hello all ohio_drg 13 1342 September 28, 2018 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2162 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello all I am new at the forums blackstar 15 3312 October 21, 2015 at 4:18 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello all ! webrn 32 4204 October 18, 2015 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Losty