Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:44 pm

Poll: Night or day person?
This poll is closed.
night
62.50%
15 62.50%
day
25.00%
6 25.00%
other
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Day person or a night person?
Day person or a night person?
I've realized over the past few weeks in more clearer detail than I've ever known.

I'm definitely a night person.  My perfect sleep pattern is from around 3,4 or 5 am until 9, 10 or 11 am.

At work I either work 530 am until 2pm or 2pm until 10pm and I fucking can't even tell you how much I hate the mornings and love the night/evening shifts. We also do 530 pm until 530am and I don't mind doing those either from time to time.

Even if I get good sleep and have to wake up at 4am I still feel fucked.  My body feels like I've just awaken from 2000 years sleep, crusty, creaky and pissed off.  The 9am starts aren't even good enough for me,  I need later.

On the later starts I go to the gym before work, go see girlfriends after work, the world is my oyster.

So what about you?  I left the other option incase you just don't give a shit or there's another option I haven't thought about.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Day person or a night person?
Night, mostly.
Two more years until I retire and then I get to officially recognize my inner night owl. Crash at 4 or 5 and get up at 9 or 10.
You make people miserable and there's nothing they can do about it, just like god.
-- Homer Simpson

God has no place within these walls, just as facts have no place within organized religion.
-- Superintendent Chalmers

Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins a movie by telling you how it ends. There are some things we don't want to know. Important things.
-- Ned Flanders

Once something's been approved by the government, it's no longer immoral.
-- The Rev Lovejoy
I wish I didn't have to sleep. I love mornings on my days off. I'm up by 6:30 AM and can't wait to vet started. I love nights, too. Afternoons I hate. That's when all I can think about is sleep.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
I have trouble with sleep, but I will say I enjoy the couple hours before sunrise.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I like to sleep when it get's over 85.   I'd sleep the summer away if I could.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I switched to night-shift work (11:00PM-9:00AM) few years ago. I always functioned better at night, and when I was working during the day - I'd still stay up most of the night doing other stuff, like playing with bands, or recording my music. That often resulted in sleep deprivation, high stress levels, physical exhaustion, depression, problems at work and limited social life.

Since I've been working nights I work on a regular schedule, with no double shifts, which allows me to sleep more regularly and feel much less stressed out. I work on my own, which is a huge benefit, since I'm not good at dealing with other people, especially when they're dumb. I also gave up making music for the time being (or at least that's what I've been telling myself, for quite a while), still have almost no social life and I'm still usually depressed - but you can't have everything, I suppose.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Night.
Dying to live, living to die.
No idea, I like to stay up late, and do most of the time, but there have been periods where I'd wake up very early yet feel refreshed. Although unfortunately that usually never happens when I have to wake up early for school .-.
Anyway, I'd say I'm a night owl.
Old fart. In bed by 8 or 9 PM. Asleep no later than 10. However, awake before sunrise, typically between 4 and 5 AM. Usually because I have old man bladder. Get up, pee, wander around the house, veg for an hour, then out the door.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 559 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1648 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2149 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  For the scond night in a row...... Brian37 9 705 May 2, 2021 at 6:47 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Did anyone else attend HumanLight zoom meeting last night? Apollo 8 1080 December 25, 2020 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Apollo
  Hanging out at a friends house last night. Brian37 45 4766 November 26, 2018 at 9:44 am
Last Post: Cod
  Good person/bad person Catholic_Lady 82 10679 October 23, 2017 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  What would you do if you woke up one day to find you were the last person alive? Edwardo Piet 64 16283 October 16, 2017 at 7:25 pm
Last Post: c172
  Refreshing while AF sleeps at night J a c k 50 6272 July 20, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: Ben Davis
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28572 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude