Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 2:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never ending story (serious edition)
Never ending story (serious edition)
This is a spinoff from the Never Ending Story game, where people add 3 words at a time to continue the story. The thread is still going, and I'll be recording more videos from it, so hop on in!

This is meant to be a much more serious project. There's pretty much no rules in the other thread, but here we're going to be more specific.

1) Each poster writes a complete sentence to add to the story. You can add two sentences, if you feel it's necessary. The sentences should make sense, and continue the story appropriately. They shouldn't be silly for the sake of it, or ridiculously rude. It's meant to be a genuine story, just told by many people.

2) Losty and I will be running the project. If anyone writes something we consider out of character for the story, we will veto it with a reply, to let people know where to continue the story from. We're not going to be dictating where it goes, that's up to everyone to decide. We just want to make sure it's a serious story, and not a random collection of rantings like the other thread! Obviously events will unfold with each sentence, but please try not to do anything too ridiculously radical so that it is jarring to the story. "Suddenly the main character dies for no reason. In other news..." You know what I mean.

3) Each time you add a sentence, it would be appreciated if you'd take the time to do it like this:

-Click to reply to the previous post
-Remove the quote tags
-Add your sentence(s) at the end

4) You can start a new paragraph when you think it is appropriate. You can begin a new chapter, by writing "Chapter 2" etc, and then there's no need to include any of the previous chapter. Start afresh.

5) If people post simultaneously at the same point in the story, the next poster can choose which one to continue from.

6) We reserve the right to edit entries, for the purposes of inclusion in the story, to account for grammar and so on. Please don't take it personally. We'll do it as little as possible.

We have a lot of talented writers here, and we hope they would like to get involved. So let's see what we can do! We will get the story started, to show you how it works.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
RE: Never ending story (serious edition)
James had a lot on his mind.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of my best videos
James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him. Following orders wasn't easy for him, when a voice inside kept asking questions.

0/10

James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him. Following orders wasn't easy for him, when a voice inside kept asking questions. His pencil now swirling under the tip of his index finger, he had to find a way to make this right.

READY? GO!

Index of my best videos
James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him. Following orders wasn't easy for him, when a voice inside kept asking questions. His pencil now swirling under the tip of his index finger, he had to find a way to make this right. James grimaced as he placed one hand on his temple and tried in vain to rub his frustration away, no matter how long he thought, his conscience would not let him focus long enough for a solution to form in his mind.
James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him. Following orders wasn't easy for him, when a voice inside kept asking questions. His pencil now swirling under the tip of his index finger, he had to find a way to make this right. James grimaced as he placed one hand on his temple and tried in vain to rub his frustration away, no matter how long he thought, his conscience would not let him focus long enough for a solution to form in his mind. He had always been plagued by what he liked to call 'analysis paralysis' but this was just getting ridiculous.
James had a lot on his mind. He's always been one to think too hard on things that worry him. Following orders wasn't easy for him, when a voice inside kept asking questions. His pencil now swirling under the tip of his index finger, he had to find a way to make this right. James grimaced as he placed one hand on his temple and tried in vain to rub his frustration away, no matter how long he thought, his conscience would not let him focus long enough for a solution to form in his mind. He had always been plagued by what he liked to call 'analysis paralysis' but this was just getting ridiculous.

A welcome distraction, the door bell rang.

0/10

A welcome distraction, the door bell rang. He glanced at the clock.

Index of my best videos

A welcome distraction, the door bell rang. He glanced at the clock. It was 3.31 PM and, curiously, as much as it is said that "time flies when you're having fun" several hours had gone by without him noticing and he most certainly had not been having fun.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 511753 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  [Serious] A true Christmas story. Jehanne 6 844 December 19, 2022 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  I never Foxaèr 35 2773 October 5, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  A Serious Thread. Seriously? onlinebiker 12 1206 May 9, 2022 at 8:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The story of Midas makes no sense Foxaèr 13 1114 April 27, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1117 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 398 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Vincent who? Are you serious! ignoramus 9 2126 July 6, 2021 at 12:32 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] SERIOUS POST, Hillbilly Atheist has COVID. Brian37 50 2908 January 8, 2021 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: Hillbillyatheist
  Skins vs plastic, a loaded potato story. Brian37 40 2180 December 30, 2020 at 12:42 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4