Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:58 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Saturday Morning!

It's nice to find this site, as discussing secular ideas is not always the easiest thing to do where I live (Western Oklahoma, the buckle of the bible belt).  I look forward to meeting you all!

A little info about me:

-Retired U.S. Army Chief Warrant Officer 3
     -A long time atheist, I've only "come-out" with select family a year ago
     -Outside of family, I love to discuss theology (respectfully)
     -Raised a Christian, living mostly in Southeast United States and the flyover area.  Obviously saw more while in the military.
     -I am a middle-of-the-road person when it comes to politics: Very open-minded hetero-guy that loves guns and hot-rods (and hyphens).

I hope to be able to get some ideas on how to perfect my discussions about religion.
RE: New Member
It's Saturday evening, Sir. I'm offended by your blatant Timezoneism.

Kidding, great to have you here!
Kudos for liking hyphens. They need all the love they can get! Was being an atheist an issue for you in the military?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Welcome! Ex-Naval Officer here. Thanks for your service, my friend.

Hope you like it here, there's plenty of awesome discussions to be had.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Welcome!

Hope you enjoy it here.  Smile
Welcome! Thanks for introducing yourself Smile

I bow to your superior experience. I have explored precious little of the world, due to a sheltered upbringing. My wife is finally broadening my horizons.

This is the place to load up on anti-apologetics!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Thanks for the warm welcome!

(June 25, 2016 at 10:31 am)Alex K Wrote: It's Saturday evening, Sir. I'm offended by your blatant Timezoneism.

Kidding, great to have you here!
Kudos for liking hyphens. They need all the love they can get! Was being an atheist an issue for you in the military?

I have to admit I was a closet atheist in the military.  Theism was not prevalent in any of my units, but it was there.
Hiya, Chief -- former Air Force firefighter here ... and Texan Big Grin We've got a couple of Okies on the foruam, y'all ain't that bed for living on the wrong side of the Red River.

(June 25, 2016 at 12:38 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Hiya, Chief -- former Air Force firefighter here ... and Texan  Big Grin We've got a couple of Okies on the foruam, y'all ain't that bed for living on the wrong side of the Red River.

Very good sir! Big Grin
Welcome aboard from a former ground pounding E5.  Hooah!
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 25, 2016 at 12:55 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Welcome aboard from a former ground pounding E5.  Hooah!

Awesome!  I was 11 Bang Bang at Fort Drum around... '96-'99.  1/87th Infantry, Alpha Gators

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 231 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4449048 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 277 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 602 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 872 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 657 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1370 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1196 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2073 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2643 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one