Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 9:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Madonna-Whore complex
Madonna-Whore complex
I'd like to know what you all think is the psychological cause of madonna-whore complex, and if anyone here has it, can you maybe elaborate on what you think caused it and how your upbringing was and/or how your mom was and maybe how your dad treated your mother.

Based on my own thoughts, I seem to think that it would be caused by the fathers behaviour, where nutty Freud seems to think its a mommy issue.

It's obviously a learned dysfunctional behaviour deeply rooted in some cultures. I feel sorry for men who have this, they probably miss out on the potential for a happy love life from this complex rather than just finding someone best suited to their personalities and being content with having it all.

My x had this problem which is common in his culture. He could never resolve to the fact that I was both "wifey material" and "sexy" and he would always tell me that I was too good to be true. I feel sorry for him and what he lost because aside from his unbearable insecurities, we were very compatible. He was very insecure though. Does this complex only happen to insecure men ? Is the acute discomfort they feel when trying to integrate a womans sexuality with her wifey abilities simply a subconscious fear of being cheated on and they have been led to believe that the chances are minimized with the madonna?

I think the irony of it is that people are most likely to cheat when they are feeling emotionally and /or sexually unfulfilled which is exactly what the husband with the syndrome does to his wife, and then leads to the wives resentment which ultimately results in cheating.

How do some men not realize that its sort of a self fulfilling prophesy. Also is it engrained so deeply that a man never grows out of it? And are men who have it aware that they have it and do they see it as normal or as a problem?
RE: Madonna-Whore complex
I think the Madonna/whore complex is a myth.
I do believe you that your ex husband was insecure, but I think that what your talking about is just one of the symptoms of any insecure person in any relationship, regardless of gender.
I also think that Freud is considered more of a philosopher these days rather than a psychologist.
The last thing I want is a sexy wife.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
My wife is still a hot piece of ass (at age 40-something), is a hungry lover, and cooks well. And she is understanding of my (very many and sometimes serious) shortcomings as a man, a husband, and a human being. She has few emotional needs, and doesn't get psycho at her time of the month. In return, I offer her my undying loyalty, a willingness to live in circumstances I don't like too much (Korea sucks pretty hard sometimes), and I sometimes open jars or take out the garbabe.

I don't see the problem, or any image conflict, between her mothering/wifing duties and her own sexual needs. Yeah, she might be a mother-- but not MY fucking mother.
Wow, Bennyboy, I didn't know you live in Korea.
I'd love to see some photos of where you live if you get time, sometime. :-)
Since when were women who -aren't- sexy wife material?  I dont even talk to ugly girls ffs....... Wink (but really...no, ewww). Does that mean I have a whore-whore complex?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I've been married four times. I went for looks over brains and personality once. I've been divorced once.
(June 27, 2016 at 4:36 am)Dust_bunny Wrote: I'd like to know what you all think is the psychological cause of madonna-whore complex, and if anyone here has it, can you maybe elaborate on what you think caused it and how your upbringing was and/or how your mom was and maybe how your dad treated your mother.

Based on my own thoughts, I seem to think that it would be caused by the fathers behaviour, where nutty Freud seems to think its a mommy issue.

Whatever human psychological condition it may be, more often than not, it is due to an interaction of multiple factors rather than one factor or set of factors. And the causes may vary with each individual. Perhaps parental behaviour may play a role in some cases, and perhaps the common genes they share play a role as well.
Madonna was/is a whore. Look at her book. Look at her partners. Not complex.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 27, 2016 at 8:36 am)Little lunch Wrote: Wow, Bennyboy, I didn't know you live in Korea.
I'd love to see some photos of where you live if you get time, sometime. :-)

Sure, lemme see what I can do Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The absurdity of the idea that a complex lifeform could be designed?!?! Duty 24 1712 October 7, 2021 at 4:28 am
Last Post: slartibartfast
  The return of the the complex organic molecules! ScienceAf 0 484 September 15, 2016 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  Does anyone know about vitamin B complex Joods 8 1089 September 13, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Scientists: 100 million worlds may have complex alien life in our galaxy pocaracas 14 5221 June 14, 2014 at 10:32 am
Last Post: vorlon13