Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help from the experienced gamers
Need help from the experienced gamers
It's specific. It's about minecraft and mods/servers/packs. I tried posting in a minecraft forum, but that was no help. So if we have any serious minecrafters here who actually use mod/packs, I could use your council.

I'll post more if I get a response. It wouldn't be worth it for me to make this huge post if I can't get help.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Need help from the experienced gamers
Define serious...........I built a working analog pc in minecraft........but that's hardly -serious- lol. What mod?
(Say FTB, please say FTB...or Tekkit...Forrestry? FTBeeeeees and crop breeding!)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I use mods occasionally. I need specifics to see if i can help Tongue
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
I could give some advice on playing the game, though it's likely outdated at this point. But not about mods.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Step 1:  Stop playing minecraft.
Step 2: DL Space engineers or Ark.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 27, 2016 at 2:37 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Step 1:  Stop playing minecraft.
Step 2: DL Space engineers or Ark.

ARK.

Ha. I've had a lot of fun times on that game.
Hell's yeah.  Rhythmcs on steam too btw, part of the AF gaming group.  Peoples for the Liberation of Dinos. It's terrible what those guys make those poor mounts do.
(maybe still Khemikal, actually...hmn, have to check.)
Minecraft?

I thought you meant serious gamers!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Melt down over.

Carry on.

Smile
Dying to live, living to die.
(June 27, 2016 at 2:43 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Hell's yeah.  Rhythmcs on steam too btw, part of the AF gaming group.  Peoples for the Liberation of Dinos.  It's terrible what those guys make those poor mounts do.
(maybe still Khemikal, actually...hmn, have to check.)

I'm a console gamer. Sorry.

Tongue
Okay... kids are settled and I'm home from school.

To answer some questions:

1. I "had" the Technic launcher and was using Tekkit on my laptop. It still runs there. Recently, I took my desktop AIO to the computer guy. The thing stopped working four years ago and I never got around to getting it fixed. Anyway, it's working now going on two months. Everything, including the drivers have all been updated.

Minecraft, on its own, runs fine. I had to delete the Technic launcher twice after it just wouldn't let me play any packs on it. Including Tekkit and CrazyCraft. The packs successfully download, but when I clicked to play them, after all the initializing and updating stuff, nothing would load. So I went in search of other launchers and came across ATLauncher. It works. The packs load, but the game seriously lags to the point that I get that "not responding" bullshit at the top of the window.

The pack I'm currently playing is called Unabridged. It has 267 mods in it. I want to keep playing it, but I'm getting pissed off about the lagging.

I'm thinking I need a new graphics card or a new video card, which I'll happily spring for vs. getting a new computer.

The computer is six years old. I updated all my Intel drivers today so they are the most current versions. I have the most current version of Java running. I have the most current version of minecraft as well as ATLauncher and Unabridged running as well.

Not really sure what else I can do at this point since this seems to be the only thing making my computer lag like it does.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any GTA V gamers here? GODZILLA 5 537 March 29, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Raven Orlock
  Why do pro-gamers spam hotkeys? Edwardo Piet 18 2353 January 13, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Gamers "Facebook" wolf39us 0 532 August 2, 2015 at 9:52 am
Last Post: wolf39us
  Anti-social PC gamers. Nine 31 5300 July 30, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake
  A question for you gamers Foxaèr 11 1956 June 21, 2014 at 7:41 am
Last Post: LostLocke