Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Michio Kaku
Michio Kaku
Michio Kaku can not seem to stop talking about God. Do you think he is playing fast and loose with the term? Is he a believer? Is he a deist ? Pantheist? Or is he unashamedly describing the God of the Gaps the same way Einstein did ? Personally , I think he needs to get back in the lab and play with string theory some more.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Michio Kaku
Michio Kaku can't stop talking hyped bullsauce in general. At this point I just find him aggravating. He does everything I don't want a physics popularizer to do. I don't know about his religious beliefs though.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 29, 2016 at 5:04 am)Alex K Wrote: Michio Kaku can't stop talking hyped bullsauce in general. At this point I just find him aggravating. He does everything I don't want a physics popularizer to do. I don't know about his religious beliefs though.

He is at his best when he acts as a simple science educator and reports to us the state of science today.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

I can't say what he thinks about godlings, but I do think he's too smarmy for my own comfort. Maybe he believes in himself, to a fault?

I only know him from this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UV5Wo7YrZIU

Going to count myself lucky.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 29, 2016 at 5:41 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I can't say what he thinks about godlings, but I do think he's too smarmy for my own comfort. Maybe he believes in himself, to a fault?

My tipping point was his appearance on the skeptics guide podcast, where all he did was deliver propaganda talking points for his latest book about some futuristic technology stuff, and the moment they asked a few pointed questions about some rather speculative conclusions he draws in it, he suddenly "had an appointment" and hung up. Can't take him seriously ever since.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 29, 2016 at 5:41 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I can't say what he thinks about godlings, but I do think he's too smarmy for my own comfort. Maybe he believes in himself, to a fault?

This. I used to think pretty highly of him, but I think he's let things get to his head.
(June 29, 2016 at 5:04 am)Alex K Wrote: Michio Kaku can't stop talking hyped bullsauce in general. At this point I just find him aggravating. He does everything I don't want a physics popularizer to do. I don't know about his religious beliefs though.

On a related note, but probably only understandable for us here. What do you think on Lesch? I kind of liked the guy when he was on space night on BR alpha. But now he's a little too present for my liking. I even find myself switching channels when he comes up.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I only seen him in passing, but never looked much into his work. A shame he seems to be losing it.
He is a brilliant guy but... like the one character from jussasic park 3 mentions about Ian Malcolm he becomes full of himself and his subject.
Don't get me wrong i like Michio Kaku i just want him to stop for a moment and talk about things that are grounded in reality for like 5 minutes.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Whats your opinion on Michio Kaku? snerie 20 4696 June 8, 2017 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Michio Kaku Napoléon 12 3736 February 15, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Nebuloso