Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's see how many apologetics take the bait
Let's see how many apologetics take the bait
"Everything that lives and moves about will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything." - Genesis 9:3

"And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you." - Leviticus 11: 7, 8
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Let's see how many apologetics take the bait
[Image: ywMqspG.png]
Yep... the "good book" is full of those.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
The Law didn't exist until Moses, hence why he is called the lawgiver.

In the scripture that you referenced God is speaking to Noah who wasn't under Hebrew law... because it didn't exist.
God was speaking to one man (when he was given everything to eat)

Verse God giving rules for religious worship.
Why'd he make an unnecessary law that wasn't needed back in Genesis and was then later scraped in the New Testament?

Was he mad at pigs, or something?
Well, an eternal and unchanging God can't really change His mind about anything.

Uh,

um,

er,

unless he's Moroni . . . . .

does this mean Mormonism is true ????

Dafuq ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 29, 2016 at 1:07 pm)Ayen Wrote: Why'd he make an unnecessary law that wasn't needed back in Genesis and was then later scraped in the New Testament?

Who knows for sure, but maybe pigs were carrying a sickness or disease that would have changed the course of History if they were eaten by the jews in that time period. (no refrigeration, plus medium rare is how most everyone ate everything) This would also account for the law that says Jew must eat everything well done. (no blood in the meat)
(June 29, 2016 at 1:16 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Well, an eternal and unchanging God can't really change His mind about anything.

Uh,

um,

er,

unless he's Moroni  . . . . .

does this mean Mormonism is true ????

Dafuq ?

What mind change? OT Jews still are not allowed to eat pork or blood meat. Even NT Jews have this restriction.
(June 29, 2016 at 2:09 pm)Drich Wrote:
(June 29, 2016 at 1:07 pm)Ayen Wrote: Why'd he make an unnecessary law that wasn't needed back in Genesis and was then later scraped in the New Testament?

Who knows for sure, but maybe pigs were carrying a sickness or disease that would have changed the course of History if they were eaten by the jews in that time period. (no refrigeration, plus medium rare is how most everyone ate everything) This would also account for the law that says Jew must eat everything well done. (no blood in the meat)

I would add that Noah was the father of all nations whereas the Hebrews were set apart as a chosen people to serve as an object lesson that foreshadowed the redemption of all mankind through Jesus Christ.

You guys reflexively accept any apparent contradiction that confirms your disbelief. For so-called skeptics you aren't very skeptical when it comes to your own preconceptions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credible/Honest Apologetics? TheJefe817 212 20409 August 8, 2022 at 3:29 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Question to theists: When to take the bible literally? T.J. 22 1829 November 26, 2021 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why I can't take the Gospels seriously. Jehanne 39 3636 June 18, 2021 at 9:34 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 5046 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3823 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Genesis interpretations - how many are there? Fake Messiah 129 16961 January 22, 2019 at 7:33 pm
Last Post: donlor
  Christians: Can you see why atheists don't buy this stuff? vulcanlogician 49 3913 August 19, 2018 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Jesus as Lord - why is this appealing to so many? KevinM1 307 29398 February 14, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: polymath257
  What I see in the Bible is different then Jews and Christians. Mystic 8 2583 December 31, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Question What would it take? Bow Before Zeus 65 9132 December 15, 2017 at 9:49 am
Last Post: Drich