Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had a peculiar day today
Had a peculiar day today
This is what can happen when you go through life with open eyes and an open mind.

I left work early this day, and there's a guy creating sand sculptures of animals on the shopping mile my office leads to. Sometimes dogs, sometimes pigs with piglets at the tits. Really good. Always draws quite a crowd. At one time I dropped him a fiver, even though that's some real money for me.

Now today, when walking by, there was a muslim couple. She wearing a Chador, but both arm in arm, laughing and watching the spectacle of the artist creating a sleeping dog this time round. Later on I took the lift to the tube, and I happened to share it with an old orthodox jew, maybe even a rabbi. For some reason he adressed me, and although we didn't have any kind of deep conversation, we kept exchanging joking remarks until we reached the train.

Now, in both instances, this went against every one of my own prejudices, however forcefully I try to supress them. I never would have adressed that jew, since I somehow expect them to be so far removed from reality that it seems useless. In the case of the couple, I wouldn't have expected them to show some real affection for each other and to be able to enjoy life.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: Had a peculiar day today
The classroom is never closed in this life. You learned something beautiful today. Thanks for sharing  Heart
RE: Had a peculiar day today
That's sweet Smile
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3668 197881 3 hours ago
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 69 921 April 20, 2024 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1082 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] A thought I had about some people's view on some things medical and other things ShinyCrystals 15 801 October 22, 2023 at 1:31 pm
Last Post: ShinyCrystals
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2269 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 683 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1114 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1094 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 514 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3546 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm