Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lilith
Lilith
I didn't see a section for Jewish Mythology, so I decided to put it here. If there's a better board for this then go ahead and move it.

I was just reflecting on the story of Lilith I read a few years ago out of curiosity. Given the fact I was raised religious and prudish I can deduct my subconscious wanted to do all the things religion told me I shouldn't do or I'll burn in a fiery pit. A big part of that was sex, and things like demons, more specifically succubi, are a pretty good metaphor for those desires. Basically, Lilith turned me on.

Reflecting on the story, it shows a great deal how my gender felt about women at the time (and still do to some extent). It's trying to paint Lilith as the antagonist, when in actuality, you can say she's the protagonist making the best out of a shit situation. Let's see how they both supposedly came to being.

Made from dirt.
We're made from dirt, guys.
Dirt.
What?

*cough* Anyway. Conversation goes like this:

Adam: Let me dominate you!
Lilith: lol, what? No. We're equal, you dumbass.
Adam: GOD, LILITH WON'T LET ME BE THE MAN!
Lilith: Fuck this noise, I'm out! -leaves-

All because a woman just wanted to get laid on her side. Maybe I'm just weird, but if a woman wanted to do that, I'd be open to it. Especially if she looked like this:

[Image: u2escg8.jpg]

Or this:

[Image: MG7SdnW.jpg]

^ Face kind of looks like Cordy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Anyway, angels come and be liek, "Come with us, or there will be violence."

[Image: jqA4Gnn.jpg]

I choose violence.

More accurately, it goes like this:

God: If you don't return to Adam you have to eat babies.
Lilith: What's a baby?
God: Shit, I didn't invent babies yet in this timeline. -waves hands- Understand! Understand! Understand!
Lilith: Kay.

When a woman would rather eat babies than be with you, you know you fucked up somewhere.

I mean, Lilith just wanted to be treated like a human being, guys. Come on.
Now, I admit this is all from vague memory, so I might have gotten some stuff wrong, but this is what I remember reading. For some reason I can't find it on Wikipedia so I get the feeling it been amended or something.
RE: Lilith
I find her an interesting character. What a massive cock up, right at the start of the book. It just goes to show how few people actually read this shit properly.

I found a video about this before that I liked:

https://youtu.be/92mKsjp_GdM
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
That was the name of my pet albino corn snake. BTW, rescued from a christian private grade school.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think she's a dungeons and dragons character.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Quote:I didn't see a section for Jewish Mythology

It would be redundant.