Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
incentive for patrons
incentive for patrons
Passing this on as I think it would be a great idea to get more patrons.

How about for those who become patrons, they get to pick out their own color username? The exception to that being it can't be a color that is already in use by staff, retired staff or donators through PayPal since those are dedicated colors.

Maybe select five colors that aren't hard on the eyes and let a patron pick from one of those?

And if you dont like that idea because you don't want that many colors out there, perhaps a poll with x number of colors and the most popular color voted on within say, two weeks, wins. Any patrons would then get their username in that color.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: incentive for patrons
I don't like the idea of too many colors. One color for patrons if not into badass purple, fine. Having all these different colors just seems unnecessary and frankly off putting. Maybe I just woke up in a bad mood. 

Ok. Signing up for the patreon thingy. I'm fine with purple, if I get it. I have a purple stapler and a purple sock (yes one, lost its partner).
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
is santorum a specific color ?

Tongue
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

More of a mixture, I'd say.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 2, 2016 at 12:06 pm)Mamacita Wrote: I don't like the idea of too many colors. One color for patrons if not into badass purple, fine. Having all these different colors just seems unnecessary and frankly off putting. Maybe I just woke up in a bad mood. 

Ok. Signing up for the patreon thingy. I'm fine with purple, if I get it. I have a purple stapler and a purple sock (yes one, lost its partner).

That is why I put in the second suggestion of doing a poll and letting the most popular color win. While I like purple, I'm not overly fond of the shade of purple that is currently in use for donators. Besides, to distinguish the difference between donators and patrons, I think, would be a nice idea.

Additionally, limiting the colors to a choice of just five pre-selected colors, chosen by staff, would still give staff the ability to put limitations on colors so the place doesn't look out of control.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 2, 2016 at 12:07 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: is santorum a specific color ?

Tongue

Is that even a color? If we're talking Santorum from Pennsylvania, then I would have to say puke green....

I can't stand that guy.
Soliciting donations by offering site favors? For shame. hehehe
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
That might be a perk that some desire, but the number of colors we have now is confusing enough to noobies.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
If you go to the bottom of the main page (logged in, of course), there is a description of what all the current colors are. It's right down there with how many people are currently online among other stats. I think newbs can handle scrolling down to look. Besides, if they ask, what better way to introduce them to the whole patron thing?
Newbie: "Hey... how did you get that nifty color?"
"I'm a patron"
Newbie: "what's a patron?"
"someone who is a financial contributor to help the forum out"
Newbie: "Really? How much does that cost?"
"You can give as little as fifty cents per month, if you'd like. And you can stop or suspend it at any time. It's really convenient and a nice way to help maintain the forums. Plus you get to pick out an awesome new color for your username."
Newbie: "Awesome! Got a link? I'd like to sign up!"
What about a symbol? Like the little gold angel thingy that I only associate with donators (just cause I haven't seen it else where).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.