Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
[split] Peanut Gallery Commentary-and the drama over the nudity thread continues
Sometimes... I don't regret my decision to leave the staff.
(and I pity the fools that stay! Tongue )

That thread smelled like troll from the start...
That's why my first reply there was this: http://atheistforums.org/thread-43741-po...pid1315045
Fight troll with humor.

I honestly don't understand how that thread grew to 45 pages...
RE: Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like.
The thread wasn't a troll. It was provocative, to be sure -- it provoked many responses. But it grew because the innate defensiveness of ingrained attitudes overrode the simple idea of reading what was written.

If you actually want to discuss the issue rather than dismiss it with a joke, have at it. Heatheness has a good point there, and waving it away with ridicule doesn't change that fact.

(July 3, 2016 at 6:43 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The thread wasn't a troll. It was provocative, to be sure -- it provoked many responses. But it grew because the innate defensiveness of ingrained attitudes overrode the simple idea of reading what was written.

If you actually want to discuss the issue rather than dismiss it with a joke, have at it. Heatheness has a good point there, and waving it away with ridicule doesn't change that fact.

Thanks Mr. Spinmeister for telling us what to think about what was written and who was right or wrong. What would we do without you?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Heatheness' point was that she thought being unfair to two genders was preferable to being unfair to one gender. Because she mistook sameness for fairness. But it wasn't spelled out like that and lots of ridiculous accusations were thrown at the staff.
(July 3, 2016 at 6:50 am)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(July 3, 2016 at 6:43 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The thread wasn't a troll. It was provocative, to be sure -- it provoked many responses. But it grew because the innate defensiveness of ingrained attitudes overrode the simple idea of reading what was written.

Thanks Mr. Spinmeister for telling us what to think about what was written and who was right or wrong. What would we do without you?

Fuck right off. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course, but you're not entitled to belittle mine unless you want a reply like this.

You can listen to me or the others or yourself, but don't think you can talk down to me without a little pushback.

You actually want to discuss the issue? Great. You want to be snide? I can do that, too ...

If you're feeling lucky you'd best not refuse / the rules of the game are your own, win or lose

Throw out your gold teeth and see how they roll ...

Had a good point that no-one else thought was worth mentioning ever until now...
Where would we be without her wisdom!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(July 3, 2016 at 6:57 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(July 3, 2016 at 6:50 am)Jörmungandr Wrote: Thanks Mr. Spinmeister for telling us what to think about what was written and who was right or wrong.  What would we do without you?

Fuck right off. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course, but you're not entitled to belittle mine unless you want a reply like this.

You can listen to me or the others or yourself, but don't think you can talk down to me without a little pushback.

Fuck you, too, you self-important gob.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I guess this is over the nudity/sexist thread. I never even looked at it before, since this obviously isn't the place and I waved it away as some kind of baiting right from the get go.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
You are correct on both scores.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
It was out and out victim playing by the OP.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 654909 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Nudity, Is It Sexist In This Forum? Heatheness 702 56852 July 7, 2016 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  [split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action Shell B 94 42676 June 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: kılıç_mehmet
  [split] Quoting Full Articles Violet 8 3786 April 27, 2010 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Tiberius