Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Code Words/Phrases
Code Words/Phrases
Back in the day us stoners used code words and phrases when talking about drugs on the phone (youthful paranoia). Mostly for weed. The most used were puppies and meat. Were the puppies born? How many in the littler? What do the puppies sell for? Did you get that quarter side of beef? What's the cost of a rib eye? And on and on.

So, any o you use code words/phrases? Drug related or otherwise.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Code Words/Phrases
It might've started out as a joke one day, but for years we called it Cockatoo seeds!
We stopped joking about it after a while because it became a legitimate term for us.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
With two young eavesdroppers in the house me and the wife talk mainly in code, and we do the lip reading thing to each other when we are trying to have an adult conversation.
(July 5, 2016 at 8:52 am)Expired Wrote: With two young eavesdroppers in the house me and the wife talk mainly in code, and we do the lip reading thing to each other when we are trying to have an adult conversation.

Share code words.
After 12 years, wife and I tend to communicate using a strange amalgam of pop culture references, physics analogies and inside jokes that have accumulated over the years. It's not code words per se, more like phrases which have certain connotations which aren't readily understood by outsiders.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I recall reading during the 'Cold War' if someone in the Soviet Union was arrested for 'hooliganism' and were described as a 'lithe brunette', that meant they were Jewish and were doing 'Jewish' things enough to warrant arrest and a trip to the gulag.

In my group of friends the phrase "Is that Terry's mom" is to alert the rest of the group to a woman making a major fashion faux pas.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 5, 2016 at 9:14 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 8:52 am)Expired Wrote: With two young eavesdroppers in the house me and the wife talk mainly in code, and we do the lip reading thing to each other when we are trying to have an adult conversation.

Share code words.

Hide the sausage is code for a romantic evening.
I think there's a slight distinction between "euphemism" and "code word" but the line is blurry so, here's what I can think of:

- "Going bowling with X" = having sex with X. I think it started as my one friend telling his mom he and his GF were going bowling but they really had an evening of debauched coitus or the like.
- At work, when one of us is looking for one of our coworkers, and that coworker is in the bathroom, we say "he/she's in the small conference room."
- I refer to birds, squirrels, chipmunks and other woodland creatures as "kitty." This is less of a code word and more of a verbal tic/habit (I have a lot of these).

I'll update if I think of more.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Back in Jr. High School my buddy Wayne and I used to call it "visiting Bob". As in... "Hey Wayne, wanna go visit Bob?"
(July 5, 2016 at 10:47 am)Expired Wrote:
(July 5, 2016 at 9:14 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Share code words.

Hide the sausage is code for a romantic evening.

You don't expand on that?

Like:

little smokey = quickie
chorizo = hot and steamy
black pudding = anal
breakfast = morning sex
kielbasa = long session
blood = rough
tongue = oral
goan = position experimenting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 541967 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  Fun phrases from other countries/cultures. Gawdzilla Sama 3 328 August 3, 2020 at 1:33 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Interlocutor and other ugly words. Succubus 0 206 March 29, 2019 at 10:03 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Cordless headphones, I don't have the words... Gawdzilla Sama 9 1488 July 9, 2018 at 5:44 pm
  Words and cultural differences pocaracas 15 1785 June 3, 2018 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Words... Foxaèr 24 4170 April 3, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Phrases and idioms that trigger you. Edwardo Piet 74 11759 November 11, 2017 at 10:37 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Code Blue... Gawdzilla Sama 14 1069 October 27, 2017 at 5:57 pm
  Adjustments to the penal code. Gawdzilla Sama 6 808 October 19, 2017 at 3:02 pm
  Words To Think About Minimalist 2 519 August 10, 2017 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist