Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are people so cruel? Refugees
Why are people so cruel? Refugees
So, I`m from Hungary (not living there anymore) and as you all know we had/have this problem with immigrants/refugees from the Middle-East.
Many of them are really just economic immigrants and they want a more comfortable life. But i still can`t believe how people would treat them in Hungary.
On facebook people are hating on them like crazy. Absolutely badshit crazy.
Middle aged mothers (while smiling on the profile photo with their little grand-children) are commenting things like, "we should just kill them all" or "why not just shoot them". 
I know these are only facebook comments, and they would be scared to do anything like this in real life (fortunately), but still it really annoys me.
These kind of behaviour is why i left Hungary to live in Portugal (people are quite nice here).

I`m from the North-west of Hungary, so we have quite a lot of immigrants/refugees going through here to Austria. 

I know there are many view-points to this thing. Like, why refugees not just stop in the first country where`s no war and why are they want to go to Germany?
Or the hypocrisy: A lot of the people writing this kind if shit are the ones who are working in Austria for more money, so they are too economic immigrants.

I don`t know what would be the right solution for this crisis over there, but whatever it is, they are still humans!! As the OP said: "But what is worth more: a life or a bunch of money?"

It just really bothers me, that people are like this there. Sorry.
RE: Why are people so cruel? Refugees
It's horrible, isn't it?
Badshit Crazy people say some Bad Shit!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
I think the Middle East should be doing more to take in migrants. Any of them that come to Europe, especially the UK, should be thoroughly screened. I have no issue with the genuine ones and wish them luck when they return to Syria eventually. But we're a small country and can't take in everyone.
(July 6, 2016 at 8:21 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I think the Middle East should be doing more to take in migrants. Any of them that come to Europe, especially the UK, should be thoroughly screened. I have no issue with the genuine ones and wish them luck when they return to Syria eventually. But we're a small country and can't take in everyone.

Do you know any numbers how many refugees are taken in by middle eastern countries?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(July 6, 2016 at 8:23 am)Alex K Wrote:
(July 6, 2016 at 8:21 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I think the Middle East should be doing more to take in migrants. Any of them that come to Europe, especially the UK, should be thoroughly screened. I have no issue with the genuine ones and wish them luck when they return to Syria eventually. But we're a small country and can't take in everyone.

Do you know any numbers how many refugees are taken in by middle eastern countries?

Yeah. I do.
(July 6, 2016 at 8:21 am)Bella Morte Wrote: [...]But we're a small country and can't take in everyone.

Hmmm, I though UK was the 5th largest economy in the world and ~50th in terms of population density.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Welcome?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Perhaps good ol' US of A can do their part, too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/world/...ugees.html
Over a million Syrian refugees each in Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey; making them the top three harborers of Syrian refugees, by far. Just sayin'. Saudi doesn't deal with Syrians officially as refugees, but has issued residency permits to 100,000 Syrians. Iraq and the UAE have each taken over 200,000. Kuwait and Egypt have taken over 100,000 each.

Canada has taken 48,000. The UK about 15,000. So far, the USA has taken about 4,000 (and we're losing our minds over them).
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 6, 2016 at 9:21 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Over a million Syrian refugees each in Jordan, Lebanon, and Turkey; making them the top three harborers of Syrian refugees, by far. Just sayin'. Saudi doesn't deal with Syrians officially as refugees, but has issued residency permits to 100,000 Syrians. Iraq and the UAE have each taken over 200,000. Kuwait and Egypt have taken over 100,000 each.

Canada has taken 48,000. The UK about 15,000. So far, the USA has taken about 4,000 (and we're losing our minds over them).

(July 6, 2016 at 8:27 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(July 6, 2016 at 8:23 am)Alex K Wrote: Do you know any numbers how many refugees are taken in by middle eastern countries?

Yeah. I do.

I already knew that but thanks. It's time your country did more too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1305 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why People Ignore Facts (Gun Control) Jade-Green Stone 22 1641 December 5, 2018 at 9:03 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Why does Politics bring out the worst in so many people? GODZILLA 21 2025 October 10, 2018 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Draconic Aiur
  Why are you American people, careless? A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 27 2175 September 11, 2018 at 1:38 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Why Do You Rep People? Jenny A 44 2950 March 29, 2018 at 2:31 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Why do people get angry seeing a Burqa ErGingerbreadMandude 65 9703 October 4, 2017 at 11:03 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Why are people so affraid of anarchy? FlatAssembler 152 29754 September 12, 2017 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  This is why people hate America NuclearEnergy 57 13293 September 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Why oh why are people on the righ so against LGBT folk? NuclearEnergy 10 1994 July 26, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14913 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne