Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fucking Windows 8/8.1
Fucking Windows 8/8.1
Windows FUCKING 8.

It forced me to update to 8.1 The update kept failing and it took a whole day to actually get it to update... then it was working fine, for a few days. And I was like "phew".

I shut my computer down last night and it wanted to do updates so I left it to do updates.

I woke up to discover it never finished the updates.... and it was an update loop where it would keep failing to update and then it would say "Undoing updates" and then restart and then fail the updates and undo them all over them again.

I had to refresh my PC back to Windows 8.

For fuck's sake.... now guess what I am afraid of? It fucking forcing Windows 8.1 update all over again... and then a few days later failing updates again and it gets stuck on another fucking update loop.

Offer for free upgrade to Windows 10 ends on the 29th of July... so I have three questions.

1. Do I need a CD to download the Windows 10 update after I have finally updated to 8.1 again?

2. Is Windows 10 less shitty and fucked up than Windows 8 and 8.1?

3. If it's just as shit, is there a solution to all these failed fucking updates and the restarting and failing and restarting and failing over and over?

#fuckinghell
RE: Fucking Windows 8/8.1
What processor are you running? How much RAM? How much HDD space do you have? What is your graphics card/display resolution? Is your system 64 bit or 32 bit?

In my experience, Windows 10 is miles better than Windows 8. Other people's milage varies wildly.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
The thing is, my laptop is new and fine... I am very happy with it. It's just Windows Updates keeps being a dick. I just refreshed my whole PC to Windows 8 but still getting problems.

But for what it's worth here is what you asked for:

Processor: AMD E1 - 1200 APU with Radeon ™ HD Graphics 1.40 GHz
RAM: 4GB (3.60 GB usable)
Free HDD space: 375 GB of 445 GB
64-bit system.
Display resolution: 1366x768

Everything is just the default, it's all refreshed. It all works fine and smoothly, the updates just fuck up.

Do I have to turn my firewall and anti virus off or something? Dangerous but are they preventing the updaes?

Guess what. I try to update to Windows 8.1 and it says other Windows updates have to be installed first. But when I tell it to it does "checking for updates" for about half an hour, and then stops checking, and tells me to restart. I restart to find still no updates have been done as it requires them for Windows 8.1 still.

You know what I think? I think it probably couldn't do the updates before I installed 8.1 before, but eventually it timed out and forced me to upgrade to Windows 8.1 without the necessary updates being completed... so I think that's why after 8.1 installed the other updates failed, because they require the previous updates.

I think it will eventually force me to do 8.1 all over again and fail updates and make me revert to basic Windows 8 all over again.

I really need to get these other updates done before it forces me to upgrade to 8.1

The worst part is by the time it forces me, it may be past the 29th of this month, so I may actually have to buy Windows 10... and then the update to Windows 10 still might not work until I actually get these other updates done. Sigh.
I didn't know there was an option to 'Fix problems with Windows update' in the Troubleshooter, but there is and I just did this:

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]

Hopefully that will fix the problem. Fingers crossed.
No luck yet. No luck at all. "Check for updates" still not working.
I skipped from win7 to win10.... so... that should tell you something. Wink
Avoid win8 like the plague, I did.
If you can, my advice is to let it upgrade to win10.
Yes. Unfortunately it requires 8.1 upgrade to do that.

A little progress by the way... I did a clean boot where I disabled all services and startup programs besides the Microsoft one, and then I went to Windows Updates straight from the control panel. It found them immediately instead of getting stuck on an infinite loop.

Little problem.... 186 fucking important updates and 6 optional ones!!!

Must be because I had to refresh my PC so it's installing alllllll the updates all at once.

Might take a few fucking days but as long as it's done before the 29th of July and then I can upgrade to Windows 8.1 and then quickly download Windows 10 and upgrade to that before it gets stuck in another failed update loop and I have to do this all over again.

FUCKING HELL Windows 8 is a bunch of shit.
It's still at 0KB (yes 0 KB) and 0% downloaded at the moment.

For FUCK'S sake.
Do a search Hammy.
Maybe others with your exact hw are having similar errors.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Wow a bit of good news:

186 updates but 20% complete already.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows defender has, once again, incorrectly identified my program as malware! FlatAssembler 36 718 February 22, 2024 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  [Serious] Windows Movie Maker Help T.J. 6 682 November 29, 2021 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: AniKoferBo
  Windows Security plus Win 11 Oldandeasilyconfused 2 340 November 25, 2021 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Windows 11. Install it; Yes/ No/Wait Oldandeasilyconfused 24 2131 November 10, 2021 at 10:52 am
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Windows 11? Angrboda 29 2248 September 23, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: no one
  Anybody ever run Windows 10 on server hardware? popeyespappy 1 528 November 6, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Why isn't Android more serious contender to Windows? Fake Messiah 8 862 June 20, 2019 at 6:21 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Getting a Windows 98 game to run on modern windows vulcanlogician 23 2137 January 19, 2019 at 7:09 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  HELP! The Page Breaks in All My Documents Have Disappeared in Windows 2013 Rhondazvous 18 3812 January 9, 2018 at 8:44 pm
Last Post: Mermaid
  Windows 10 Running Slow A Theist 30 7925 June 2, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: Joods