Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 5:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aqua-Buddah is God
Aqua-Buddah is God
The strangest episode of Paul's time at Baylor occurred one afternoon in 1983 (although memories about all of these events are understandably a bit hazy, so the date might be slightly off), when he and a NoZe brother paid a visit to a female student who was one of Paul's teammates on the Baylor swim team. According to this woman, who requested anonymity because of her current job as a clinical psychologist, "He and Randy came to my house, they knocked on my door, and then they blindfolded me, tied me up, and put me in their car. They took me to their apartment and tried to force me to take bong hits. They'd been smoking pot." After the woman refused to smoke with them, Paul and his friend put her back in their car and drove to the countryside outside of Waco, where they stopped near a creek. "They told me their god was 'Aqua Buddha' and that I needed to bow down and worship him," the woman recalls. "They blindfolded me and made me bow down to 'Aqua Buddha' in the creek. I had to say, 'I worship you Aqua Buddha, I worship you.' At Baylor, there were people actively going around trying to save you and we had to go to chapel, so worshiping idols was a big no-no.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/arch...hip/61168/
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
RE: Aqua-Buddah is God
Ledo, You win the most random post of the day award! Congratulations!
I heard about this while listening to my morning news. Holy shit is that crazy.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
That shit is messed up.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 9, 2010 at 9:51 pm)Rhizomorph13 Wrote: Ledo, You win the most random post of the day award! Congratulations!

Shouldn't that be Rand-dumb?

(Sorry, I know I'll burn for that.)
"On Earth as it is in Heaven, the Cosmic Roots of the Bible" available on the Amazon.
Looks like he might sue: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/...e-student/

Assuming the story is true; it is pretty messed up. I'm surprised the woman didn't take them to court or have them arrested (which makes me a bit skeptical over the story in the first place). That she has claimed anonymity is also a point to be skeptical about. What is more likely, that this actually happened and the woman didn't contact the authorities, or that the magazine made it up to get more readers?

Just being a voice of skepticism here...

Oh, and before anyone tries to say anything; I'm not a fan of Rand Paul in the slightest. I think his dad is epic though.
(August 10, 2010 at 5:28 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Oh, and before anyone tries to say anything; I'm not a fan of Rand Paul in the slightest. I think his dad is epic though.

The one that wrote this you mean?
Ron Paul Wrote:“The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion. The establishment clause of the First Amendment was simply intended to forbid the creation of an official state church like the Church of England, not to drive religion out of public life.

The Founding Fathers envisioned a robustly Christian yet religiously tolerant America, with churches serving as vital institutions that would eclipse the state in importance. Throughout our nation’s history, churches have done what no government can ever do, namely teach morality and civility. Moral and civil individuals are largely governed by their own sense of right and wrong, and hence have little need for external government. This is the real reason the collectivist Left hates religion: Churches as institutions compete with the state for the people’s allegiance, and many devout people put their faith in God before their faith in the state. Knowing this, the secularists wage an ongoing war against religion, chipping away bit by bit at our nation’s Christian heritage. Christmas itself may soon be a casualty of that war.”

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul148.html
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
Yup. I didn't say I agree with him on everything did I?
I thought the story gave him character. They didn't molest the girl. It was the equivilent to a college hazing. They were also on the swim team together and knew each other.
(August 10, 2010 at 6:56 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Yup. I didn't say I agree with him on everything did I?

No but I'd have a hard time calling a guy like that 'epic'.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Pastafarian