Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:46 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marijuana + Medicare, a potent combination
Marijuana + Medicare, a potent combination
Seniors using marijuana get less prescription drugs, Medicare saves 160 million.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl..._HLTH_NEWS

What I wonder, though, is whether that's a good thing, or specialized medications are possibly neglected in favour of something less specific.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Marijuana + Medicare, a potent combination
Curare, belladonna, and digitalis would do even better at saving $$$
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 7, 2016 at 10:15 am)Alex K Wrote: Seniors using marijuana get less prescription drugs, Medicare saves 160 million.

What I wonder, though, is whether that's a good thing, or specialized medications are possibly neglected in favour of something less specific.

I'm all for it... I think we need to be cautious anytime money is driving the doctors prescription or insurance is dictating treatment.  This goes for any drug or treatment plan.  I've also known people who quit most of their drug regiment (except for critical ones like blood pressure or heart medicine) and started feeling better afterwards.

It's my belief that marijuana may be better for some taking anti-depression medication, which an incorrect dosage can be devastating.
But I live in PA, and we are just now possibly getting to be allowed to buy beer and wine in a gas station or supermarket, so I don't see it happening anytime soon.
There is a legalization proposal on the ballot. I will be voting yes just because sheriff shitstain is against it
(July 7, 2016 at 10:48 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is a legalization proposal on the ballot.   I will be voting yes just because sheriff shitstain is against it

I had heard of one previously, but it was a marijuana extract basically; and didn't have all the same beneficial effects.
Looks like a valid study. The marijuana was prescribed, the study only looked at 9 areas where marijuana could be used as an alternate treatment and the decrease in pharmaceutical rx use.

"The number of Medicare prescriptions significantly dropped for drugs that treat pain, depression, anxiety, nausea, psychoses, seizures and sleep disorders."
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 7, 2016 at 10:55 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(July 7, 2016 at 10:48 am)Minimalist Wrote: There is a legalization proposal on the ballot.   I will be voting yes just because sheriff shitstain is against it

I had heard of one previously, but it was a marijuana extract basically; and didn't have all the same beneficial effects.

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2016/5936...er-ballot/

Here you go.
(July 7, 2016 at 10:40 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(July 7, 2016 at 10:15 am)Alex K Wrote: Seniors using marijuana get less prescription drugs, Medicare saves 160 million.

I'm all for it... I think we need to be cautious anytime money is driving the doctors prescription or insurance is dictating treatment.  This goes for any drug or treatment plan.  I've also known people who quit most of their drug regiment (except for critical ones like blood pressure or heart medicine) and started feeling better afterwards.

It's my belief that marijuana may be better for some taking anti-depression medication, which an incorrect dosage can be devastating.
But I live in PA, and we are just now possibly getting to be allowed to buy beer and wine in a gas station or supermarket, so I don't see it happening anytime soon.

If you live in PA, then you know the bill was just passed to finally allow medical marijuana in this state. Of course it will take two or three years for them to get it underway as far as dispensaries, cards etc goes, but it's already in the works. And there are a few grocery stores in the part of PA that I live in that already sell wine and beer. Have been for a few years now.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(July 7, 2016 at 2:47 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(July 7, 2016 at 10:55 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I had heard of one previously, but it was a marijuana extract basically; and didn't have all the same beneficial effects.

http://www.thedailychronic.net/2016/5936...er-ballot/

Here you go.

Ok... didn't realize you where talking about a different state.  

I'm for it being legalized (although it doesn't interest me personally).  I do  think it is interesting how much attitudes change, when they figure out, that they can make money off of it.
Yeah.  There's always that, isn't there?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cloning is safer - the perils of sexual DNA combination? Duty 21 1590 October 14, 2021 at 11:47 pm
Last Post: Paleophyte