Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
250 dead in an explosion in Iraq
250 dead in an explosion in Iraq
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...22196.html

...the death toll is just shocking. '
This is the highest in terms of casualties SINCE THE AMERICAN INVASION.

It should be noted, that the area that the explosion took place in "has a Shiite majority".
RE: 250 dead in an explosion in Iraq
That Allah is a character, ain't he ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Operation "Enduring Freedom" they said; it shall make Iraq a better place, they said, Saddam Hussein was a crazy fuck, they said.
You should know better than to believe advertising slogans.
(July 7, 2016 at 11:27 am)Minimalist Wrote: You should know better than to believe advertising slogans.

Ah, never did I Minimalist. But Hollywood has its way in programming the heads of people to get attracted to these slogans,  they call it "propaganda" and "brain-washing". What Bush says Bush gets; any other way is the way of the tinfoil.

Lenin's propaganda machine was the first indeed, but Lenin wasn't Stalin. If a fool like Bush caused this mess in Iraq, what would a person like Trump bring, when the factory that produced the Iraq war slogans comes into his control?

Would we see more proxy wars? more chaos and ISIS? more chain reactions that cause explosions that kill 300 people in a single moment?

Excuse me -_- I get sidetracked sometimes
Saddam needed to go, but instead the invasion just created a power vacuum in which, as I heard yesterday, everyone suddenly had the opportunity to pick up their gun and shoot their neighbour.

The invasion of Iraq was ridiculous and those who lied about the country to justify the invasion should be held for war crimes.
Dying to live, living to die.
(July 7, 2016 at 10:44 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: what would a person like Trump bring?

Eh, Trump just wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out. Rolleyes
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 7, 2016 at 10:44 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(July 7, 2016 at 11:27 am)Minimalist Wrote: You should know better than to believe advertising slogans.

Ah, never did I Minimalist. But Hollywood has its way in programming the heads of people to get attracted to these slogans,  they call it "propaganda" and "brain-washing". What Bush says Bush gets; any other way is the way of the tinfoil.

Lenin's propaganda machine was the first indeed, but Lenin wasn't Stalin. If a fool like Bush caused this mess in Iraq, what would a person like Trump bring, when the factory that produced the Iraq war slogans comes into his control?

Would we see more proxy wars? more chaos and ISIS? more chain reactions that cause explosions that kill 300 people in a single moment?

Excuse me -_- I get sidetracked sometimes

Nothing bush did could have brought this about if the Muslim world hadn't already been utterly and completely screwed by Islam to start with, and enough Muslims utterly refuses to recognize the Islam bears a vastly greater share of the blame for the problems if the Islamic world than the malice of the west.
Eventually Saddam would have died and it is an open question if his successor would have been a big enough scumbag to keep that country quiet, if not united.  Fucking Trump was on tv yesterday saying that Saddam was a "bad, very bad, guy" (Drumpf speaks like he is 8 years old) but he killed "terrorists."  No.  He killed Kurds and Shi'ites.  Normally we would have been happy with that but Dubya let it get personal.

The world has seen what happens to federated countries when strong leaders die (Yugoslavia comes instantly to mind.)  Sooner or later the shit hits the fan.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iraq Dragonetti 13 2318 July 7, 2014 at 12:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger