Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 3:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member introducing herself
New member introducing herself
Hello everyone,

I'm a South African from a conservative Christian family. I realized that I had stopped believing in Christian ideas about three years ago. Naturally, I want to be able to tell my story, as it were. I also want to know why other people believe what they believe and think like they think. But I am an excitable person - even when I'm not speaking to people I'm close to, I find myself getting side-tracked and sometimes emotional when discussing religion or atheism. I've joined the site because it seems like a good place to see how other people order their ideas about religion and atheism and how meaningful conversations about these things can look.
RE: New member introducing herself
Welcome to the forums!
Welcome aboard.
Welcome HHK!

Discussing religion is pretty boring as far as I am concerned, and the debates get old fast, I mean what else can you expect from people who are using thousand year old source material and will never even consider updating it? So these days we just stick to more meaningful discussions like whether roasted or grilled babies taste better, or how many labels we could rip off of mattresses in an hour... Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

Hey there welcome Smile

I too find it interesting trying to figure out why people believe the way they do. I'm sure you'll find much useful discussion here.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome

The only thing about atheism is the lack of belief in god. You will find out that being an atheist does not make you foolproof about other stuff. We have extreme right winger conspiracy nutjob atheists around. The good thing is that they can't use the goddidit reply.

Also, arguing with some theists is like playing chess with a pigeon. They will shit all over the board, knock all the pieces out, then fly away claiming victory.
(July 9, 2016 at 10:55 am)LastPoet Wrote: Also, arguing with some theists is like playing chess with a pigeon. They will shit all over the board, knock all the pieces out, then fly away claiming victory.

And that is enough to make anyone get upset.  But welcome aboard.  You seem very reasonable to me. 

*borrows sign from Poet*

Welcome
(July 9, 2016 at 11:56 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 10:55 am)LastPoet Wrote: Also, arguing with some theists is like playing chess with a pigeon. They will shit all over the board, knock all the pieces out, then fly away claiming victory.

And that is enough to make anyone get upset.  But welcome aboard.  You seem very reasonable to me. 

*borrows sign from Poet*

Welcome

*steals sign and runs away*
(July 9, 2016 at 11:58 am)Bella Morte Wrote:
(July 9, 2016 at 11:56 am)Whateverist the White Wrote:  And that is enough to make anyone get upset.  But welcome aboard.  You seem very reasonable to me. 

*borrows sign from Poet*

Welcome

*steals sign and runs away*

*chases you down, spanks your bouncy butt, runs the other way*
Welcome

One question, what's "HHK" stand for? Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 223 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4437903 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 259 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 530 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 867 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 650 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1356 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1194 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2057 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2630 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one