Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Top 10 Educational Shows
My Top 10 Educational Shows
This may be one of the last top 10 vids I make in a while, but it's a good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RxOFhf5wBs
RE: My Top 10 Educational Shows
Talk a little faster and louder. You need to sound more assertive. You sound like you're giving a lecture in front of the class after smoking weed. You're very boring, to put it mildly. Turn up the volume after you describe something and let the audio be heard. Edit the shit out of your videos. Do these things and you'll get more viewers, that is if your content is good enough, of course. That or give up, 'cause this is just awful.

Also, change your avatar, I don't like it, mmkay.
(July 9, 2016 at 1:05 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Talk a little faster and louder. You need to sound more assertive. You sound like you're giving a lecture in front of the class after smoking weed. You're very boring, to put it mildly. Turn up the volume after you describe something and let the audio be heard. Edit the shit out of your videos. Do these things and you'll get more viewers, that is if your content is good enough, of course. That or give up, 'cause this is just awful.

Never.
That last one was a joke. The other stuff is just constructive criticism, I hope you take it as such.
(July 9, 2016 at 1:22 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: That last one was a joke. The other stuff is just constructive criticism, I hope you take it as such.

Yeah I took it as such. I was saying never about my avatar. It's an awesome Duke Nukem drawing I did, and it's staying!  Big Grin
(July 9, 2016 at 1:05 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: Talk a little faster and louder. You need to sound more assertive. You sound like you're giving a lecture in front of the class after smoking weed. You're very boring, to put it mildly. Turn up the volume after you describe something and let the audio be heard. Edit the shit out of your videos. Do these things and you'll get more viewers, that is if your content is good enough, of course. That or give up, 'cause this is just awful.

Talking loudly makes my voice more annoying, and I naturally want to talk fast but always have a stuttering problem when I do. I get around this by forcing myself to talk slower. It's the only way, sadly. Sounding more assertive, I have no idea how I'd do that. I admit I have poor charisma, and usually I can hear the video bits after I'm done talking quite fine. Is there a problem with them on your end?
(July 9, 2016 at 1:36 pm)Mechaghostman2 Wrote:

Talking loudly makes my voice more annoying, and I naturally want to talk fast but always have a stuttering problem when I do. I get around this by forcing myself to talk slower. It's the only way, sadly. Sounding more assertive, I have no idea how I'd do that. I admit I have poor charisma, and usually I can hear the video bits after I'm done talking quite fine. Is there a problem with them on your end?

They just sound lower than when you're talking, when it should be the opposite in a way. I don't know much about editing though, so I can't really explain that better. It's just something I observed in similar videos and it works well.

I don't think it's about charisma, I think it's about acting like a showman, even if it sounds ridiculous to you at first. Practice makes perfect. Or not even that, you could have whatever tone of voice you want, but still you've got to try and be more assertive. It's not impossible, anyone can do it. We have to want to listen to what you're saying, you have to deliver the point that you're worth listening to.

Don't read too much into my criticism anyway, it was just a first impression, I may be wrong. Anyway, you didn't ask for it, so that was kind of rude of me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game shows and BS superstition. Brian37 5 310 October 27, 2020 at 3:59 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Top 100 viral youtube vids ignoramus 0 280 April 16, 2018 at 5:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Kitten shows pitbull who's the boss! ignoramus 3 752 December 22, 2017 at 3:06 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Top 20 American Mechs Mechaghostman2 0 469 May 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  My Top 10 Superhero Movies Mechaghostman2 10 2048 October 8, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Big Brother Over The Top c172 3 880 October 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: c172
  My Top 10 Stupid Fun Movies Mechaghostman2 7 1268 July 8, 2016 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla
  My Top 10 Nostalgic Cartoons Mechaghostman2 17 1604 July 7, 2016 at 11:34 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  My Top 10 Sci-Fi Movies Mechaghostman2 92 14106 June 26, 2016 at 2:57 pm