Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff About Me...Why Not?
Stuff About Me...Why Not?
So here's the low-down on the person connected to these little paragraphs you view on this here interwebs. First off, the standard A/S/L:

Sex: Yes or I mean, Male

Okay, what else? I guess a bit more useless information:

I work at the local university as a research assistant in the psychology and biology departments. I'm currently waiting on a new plate reader to be delivered so I can start learning the protocol for analysis of hormones in saliva.

Secondary Occupation: Research Health Psychology Graduate Student

I'm also attempting to get some experimentation done so that I can write up my thesis, defend it, condense it into a manuscript, submit it to a journal, get it published, make my profs happy and get the hell outta Dodge so I can procure a "real" job...whatever that is.

Stuff about my hobbies and such:

I play the guitar (like 75% of the population apparently - should've picked drums). Used to have a band but it didn't go anywhere past a few songs due to the apathy and hubris of the singer and bassist. When I have the time I sit and write some music. Unfortunately in my last move I can't seem to find my stack of guitar tab with all the details of the songs I wrote which sucks really bad. Hopefully it's in a box somewhere. I wouldn't mind starting up a band again - that would be cool.

I also tool around the interwebs on various messageboards. I had my own site for a couple of years called AtheistCoalition.com but due to me moving, lack of finds and time to work on the site, it died (something I still regret not trying harder to keep alive). I've contemplated giving it a second shot after college is done. I might just to see if I can. For now I just have a brand new little freebie messageboard.

I also have a blog which I post to once in a while (see my sig). It is a blog hosted by my hometown newspaper.

I began working on a book not too long ago about the Evolution/ID/Creationism thing. My goal was to not simply pick apart criticisms against evolution made by ID or creation proponents but also present the scientific material in a way that the average person may understand the concepts - it is recommended that when writing for the population at large, information should be kept around an 8th grade level. However, I figure I could get away with maybe senior level. Because of the length needed in explaining different aspects of some of the concepts in evolutionary biology I plan that the book will be pretty lengthy. I've already written the introduction and the first chapter but I plan on going back and adding much more to them. I wrote it back in 2006 so I may need to update some information. Right now the book is on hold so I can finish my graduate studies.

I've recently decided to slowly get back into martial arts. I started out back in high school with Korean Freestyle Karate - the only school which used belt rankings, I think mine was the equivalent of an orange belt in TKD, it was white with two stripes.

Later I started learning some aikijujitsu (predecessor of Aikido) for around a year or so. Unfortunately he was unable to continue teaching due to his job's demand on his time.

Immediately after that I started at a local kwoon (Kung Fu school). I figured kung fu was diverse enough for me to find a style I liked. Oddly enough, I was most comfortable with traditional Shaolin. I studied for about 2 years and did a couple of tournament sparring matches and a Chinese New Year demonstration (I performed a form with the two-section staff).

The last time I really trained was back in 2004 - 4 years ago. I'm hoping to get back into training on a much more regular basis in the upcoming year. I'll probably go back to my old training drills but I'm thinking about looking into new areas of formal training and right now I'm seriously considering next year starting Krav Maga classes.

So, now that I'm sure I've crossed the "boring the shit outta you" barrier, I'll end it here.
RE: Stuff About Me...Why Not?
Wow!

Too much information...
Way over my head in education.....Whats your IQ?
Only thing we have in common is the guitar and former band playing....
Good luck to you, nice to meet you.....
RE: Stuff About Me...Why Not?
(August 31, 2008 at 9:46 pm)WOKE UP Wrote: Wow!

Too much information...
Way over my head in education.....Whats your IQ?
Only thing we have in common is the guitar and former band playing....
Good luck to you, nice to meet you.....

Good to meet you too Woke Up. I actually have no clue what my IQ is, I've never been tested.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Heart Hi! I'm new and stuff godlessheatheness 15 2684 March 30, 2017 at 6:17 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  New, and stuff TheBigOhMan 32 4403 June 8, 2013 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  hello... and stuff ManMachine 6 1134 February 6, 2013 at 6:23 am
Last Post: Kayenneh