Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hunting the Radioactive Beasts of Chernobyl
Hunting the Radioactive Beasts of Chernobyl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INAlUGn0RYg

This is very interesting. It is kind of funny too. Chernobyl exploded in 1986. Apparently it was more destructive than the Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombs.
Czechlervitz30
RE: Hunting the Radioactive Beasts of Chernobyl
Shane is my favourite journalist from VICE. It's a little off-topic, but have you seen the videos of him going to North Korea? Pretty interesting, too.
I've seen reports that 36 people died at Chernobyl. I know National Geographic has a video on "Radioactive Wolves", showing that the area is prospering now that the humans are gone. It has the largest number of wolves in one area in the world. The mutation rate is twice normal, 0.4% vs. 0.2% in "normal" areas.
(July 15, 2016 at 1:48 pm)Bella Morte Wrote: Shane is my favourite journalist from VICE. It's a little off-topic, but have you seen the videos of him going to North Korea? Pretty interesting, too.

I have seen a North Korean video by VICE but I don't know if it was with Shane.
Czechlervitz30
What's most interesting about that doc, is how quick nature returns to being thriving and abundant in the absence of man. Humans are more destructive to life there then a nuclear meltdown.

P.S. The North Korea documentaries are amazing.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(July 15, 2016 at 2:10 pm)Gawdzilla Wrote: I've seen reports that 36 people died at Chernobyl.

But you know that people are still dying? Firemen, soldiers, helpers of all kinds are sick for decades because protection was totally insufficient for the amount of radiation.

Same as with Hiroshima. The total number of victims is much higher than the death toll in the original blast.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The saddest thing is that the fairground that never got used.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 15, 2016 at 2:59 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: What's most interesting about that doc, is how quick nature returns to being thriving and abundant in the absence of man. Humans are more destructive to life there then a nuclear meltdown.

P.S. The North Korea documentaries are amazing.

Meh, the meltdown was less destructive than we've told ourselves since in the first place.  In any case, you're forgetting that human populations cause an increase in rodents and assorted pests, as well as many ungulates and large fowl.  Canines do well, felines do well.  Etc.  A particular species of mostly hairless ape does awfully well in close contact with large numbers of men, as the most pronounced example of of how everything about us encourages nature. We brim right over with life, it spills out into everything around us, and ofc that means alot of death as well.....no free lunches and all that.

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!