Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was wrong
I was wrong
Hey, guys, do you remember me? If you do, you probably remember that argument we had before I left - about muslim people. That argument, actually, was the reason I left the forum. I'm returning now and I got a confession to make: you were right about them and I was wrong. I met a bunch of muslims here in my hometown and I found out not all the muslims are bad people, so this is me admitting I was wrong in my judgement about them.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: I was wrong
(July 16, 2016 at 12:02 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: Hey, guys, do you remember me? If you do, you probably remember that argument we had before I left - about muslim people. That argument, actually, was the reason I left the forum. I'm returning now and I got a confession to make: you were right about them and I was wrong. I met a bunch of muslims here in my hometown and I found out not all the muslims are bad people, so this is me admitting I was wrong in my judgement about them.

Great to hear. Actually meeting people goes a long way.

Welcome back.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I obviously don't know you, but welcome back anyway.
I'm sorry, but a bunch of muslims you met doesn't even begin to cover the whole problematic culture of Islam. But it sounds like your opinion wasn't very sophisticated to begin with, so I guess this is actually good, people who don't have the mental fortitude to talk sensibly about sensible subjects should stick to the more superficial stuff.

Inb4 butthurt, Islam is a fucking religion, it's the most violent religion in the world right now, muslims are adults, they choose to believe this, as far as I'm concerned, 1.6 billion people are a bunch of fucking cunts and they should fuck off and die.
I think it's wonderful that you've met people in your community that were able to open your eyes and get you to step outside of the box.

I trust that you've been able to make some really nice friendships as a result?

Welcome back - it's nice to see you again Smile
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Oh yeah, welcome back, I remember you. It's always nice to see a familiar face. I mean it. Welcome back. I hope you stick around longer this time. There's no point in quitting the forum just because you hold some controversial views. People on here aren't the ultimate authority on what is right or wrong. They're just people. If you happen to disagree with most of them about something, that's ok. It's actually healthy. You can talk it over with them and in the process both parties have something to learn(hopefully).
(July 16, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm sorry, but a bunch of muslims you met doesn't even begin to cover the whole problematic culture of Islam. But it sounds like your opinion wasn't very sophisticated to begin with, so I guess this is actually good, people who don't have the mental fortitude to talk sensibly about sensible subjects should stick to the more superficial stuff.

Inb4 butthurt, Islam is a fucking religion, it's the most violent religion in the world right now, muslims are adults, they choose to believe this, as far as I'm concerned, 1.6 billion people are a bunch of fucking cunts and they should fuck off and die.

Calm down dude.
Not all Muslims are evil sociopaths, most are just normal people doing normal things in normal ways.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Not sure I've crossed paths with you, but I'll say that 1) the nicest server at the cafe I patronize at my university wears a hijab and 2) I have met plenty of asshole atheists, even though I am an atheist.

Gad you were able to change your tune a bit. Onward and upward.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 12:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm sorry, but a bunch of muslims you met doesn't even begin to cover the whole problematic culture of Islam. But it sounds like your opinion wasn't very sophisticated to begin with, so I guess this is actually good, people who don't have the mental fortitude to talk sensibly about sensible subjects should stick to the more superficial stuff.

Calm down dude.
Not all Muslims are evil sociopaths, most are just normal people doing normal things in normal ways.

I didn't say anything people didn't say here about Christians, jokingly or no. So don't give me that. Just don't.

I know most of them are normal people. I'm not an idiot. This is simply an outburst.

They are normal people. That's the whole point. There's nothing out of the ordinary about calling them a bunch of cunts. I could say the same about Christians, like some others did, and no one would bat an eyelid. Yet if we talk about Muslims the same way, suddenly something doesn't sit right. Why is that? Bigotry of low expectations? Can anyone see the irony in that?
(July 16, 2016 at 12:13 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 16, 2016 at 12:10 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: Calm down dude.

I didn't say anything people didn't say here about Christians, jokingly or no. So don't give me that. Just don't.

I know most of them are normal people. I'm not an idiot. This is simply an outburst.

They are normal people. That's the whole point. There's nothing out of the ordinary about calling them a bunch of cunts. I could say the same about Christians, like some others did, and no one would bat an eyelid. Yet if we talk about Muslims the same way, suddenly something doesn't sit right. Why is that? Bigotry of low expectations? Can anyone see the irony in that?

You asked for 1.6 billion people to fuck off and die. If you called for all chrsitians to fuck off and die I would ask you to calm down for the same reasons. I am not defending Islam I am defending people who happen to be Islamic from being labelled evil because of your prejudiced views.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The right way to be and the wrong way to be Ahriman 57 4620 April 29, 2022 at 9:23 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  I went to the wrong kind of school. onlinebiker 5 441 April 20, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A DNR that went wrong. Jehanne 12 762 March 31, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  was it my big boobs or just the wrong stool funcouple 8 944 August 30, 2019 at 11:07 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Born in the wrong country Alexmahone 3 888 April 20, 2018 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
  What's Wrong Amarok 32 4269 January 14, 2017 at 2:28 am
Last Post: Amarok
  It should never be considered wrong Foxaèr 35 2997 July 8, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  I was wrong about everything. Foxaèr 15 1876 April 2, 2016 at 4:38 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is it wrong? Foxaèr 70 7099 January 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What is wrong with you customers? Foxaèr 9 2707 December 24, 2015 at 10:47 pm