Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back...
I'm back...
Under a new guise.

I was once known to you as Mr. Moncrieff - but I am a different person now. Much more confident in who I am and not at all repentant for who I am.

You may remember that I was sacked for being a man who professed his atheism whilst working in a Catholic school.

Well now, sadly divorced, I am a Deputy Head of a state school, and loving life.

I hope to become a member who can readily contribute again.
[Image: sig_zpsf1akqqpa.png]
RE: I'm back...
You should PM an admin, they'll help you access your old account. But anyway welcome back.
Leave the account be. I'm not that person anymore.

But I appreciate your help, so thank you.
How long ago were you active on the forums last? I'm one year old in forum time. I'm basically a baby, which is a dangerous thing to be here, I hear.
(July 16, 2016 at 6:03 pm)The Viking Wrote: Leave the account be. I'm not that person anymore.

I kind of agree with Bella, just from the standpoint of worrying that that's a bannable offense, having two accounts. That would be seriously lame, since I think most of us really like you. Mods? Can you help our friend?

Either way, very good to have you back. I think a lot of us wondered what had become of your life. Sorry about the divorce, but happy that you are in a good job!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Probably two years back. A lot of water has passed under that bridge.

A lot.

My wife has left me since - giving the reason that she simply didn't love me anymore.

It broke my heart and I was devastated for such a long time, but ultimately life rolls on and I'm a better father than I've ever been now and my daughter is my world.

I'm also a better teacher than I have ever been and I'm enjoying life immensely.
(July 16, 2016 at 6:03 pm)The Viking Wrote: Leave the account be. I'm not that person anymore.

Welcome back. I'd still PM an admin if I were you, though. Sock accounts are against the rules.
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
(July 16, 2016 at 6:10 pm)c172 Wrote:

I kind of agree with Bella, just from the standpoint of worrying that that's a bannable offense, having two accounts. That would be seriously lame, since I think most of us really like you. Mods? Can you help our friend?

Either way, very good to have you back. I think a lot of us wondered what had become of your life. Sorry about the divorce, but happy that you are in a good job!

I thank you for your concern and your good thoughts. Humbling, indeed.

I totally understand. I have made numerous posts on here that I later regretted but it's kinda the rules of the board. Just PM an admin to be on the safe side.

Ninja'd by c172 and Empress.
(July 16, 2016 at 6:11 pm)The_Empress Wrote:

Welcome back. I'd still PM an admin if I were you, though. Sock accounts are against the rules.

Who should I PM?

Thank you. Big Grin