Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Police Shooting
Another Police Shooting
At least two police officers are reported shot dead in Baton Rouge. Initial reports say that a suspect is "down". Not sure yet who's responsible....

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video/live...spartandhp
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Another Police Shooting
You can't expect people to not fire back when the police shoot at them. The police are way too trigger happy in this country, not just towards blacks (although I think the arguments that they are especially trigger happy towards blacks is valid.) but towards everyone. Most shootings involving the police, the police fire first. Why wouldn't they? They don't have consequences to firing first. It's almost impossible to convict an officer of murder.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Tell me, please, how many police shootings are there on an average day?
Too fucking many.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(July 17, 2016 at 11:59 am)Gawdzilla Wrote: Tell me, please, how many police shootings are there on an average day?

http://killedbypolice.net/

As of yesterday, 630 people had been killed by police.  So if you divide 630 by roughly 195 days so far this year you get 3.2 fatalities/day.  I have no idea how many people they shoot and wound.

But it is far from uncommon.
Apparently, seven officers were ambushed by three shooters. Three officers dead now. Four were wounded. One suspect dead, two suspects at large. The officers were led into an ambush by a false police call.

Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
According to local TV reports there is now an armed standoff situation between the police and a suspect.

People have had enough. The breaking point has been reached.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
Another Police Shooting
Why do they shoot random police officers? If they are mad about this then why don't they go after the cops that actually unjustly killed people?
Dreadful scenes. I hope this doesn't descend into a spiral as it has the potential to ignite a lot of hatred...
[Image: sig_zpsf1akqqpa.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Palestinian Man’s Lawyers Say Israeli Police Marked Him With Star of David WinterHold 8 641 August 23, 2023 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Mass shooting in the middle school Vladislav Ribnikar in Belgrade FlatAssembler 764 26085 July 18, 2023 at 10:47 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Alec Baldwin Shooting onlinebiker 252 11376 August 17, 2022 at 9:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Grand Rapids Mi Shooting onlinebiker 111 5910 May 11, 2022 at 10:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Colorado shooting, 5 dead. brewer 0 288 December 28, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Oakland School Shooting onlinebiker 99 5715 December 7, 2021 at 8:21 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Defunding Police not working out. onlinebiker 51 2521 October 1, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Columbus Police Shooting onlinebiker 43 2722 April 25, 2021 at 9:08 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Please Justify This Police Action For Me BrianSoddingBoru4 251 17486 February 5, 2021 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  UK Police officer gets stuck in handcuffs in training zebo-the-fat 10 946 August 19, 2020 at 4:57 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4