Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Bible and the media.
The Bible and the media.
Evening all.

I am just throwing this out there. I don't know if it has ever happened before, but has anyone ever done a sort of media spoof of what happened between the start of the Old Testament and the end of the New Testament?

We know how much media coverage Islam is getting at the moment, and rightly so, with it all being rather negative. Wouldn't it be a great idea to do an online newspaper from the day of creation and onwards i.e.

- Mystery man rubs two sticks together and creates light.
- Man goes up to the top of a mountain without any breathing apparatus, starts talking about his commandments, then procedes to contradict these commandments.
- Lunatic from down the street was going to sacrifice his son until he heard voices, and he decided to take an animal from his neighbour and sacrifice that instead.
- Good samaritan helps boy who had Epileptic convulsions and was said to have cured him. The boys parents are still awaiting results from an EEG.
- Missing good samaritan found after three days when when 3 workmen were excavating and found a stone blocking a hole.

Then there are the really bad bits about religious genocide at the hands of Gods chosen people etc, that I don't need to go into.

The potential is there and it is possible that it could either rival what is happening today in the modern world, or even surpass it in human misery.

Your thoughts.
RE: The Bible and the media.
There's some pretty good stuff in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCV8j3VS...Ngx9Df29Vp
Thanks for the link Mini, and if you are into that stuff, I think this one is going to make you laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbzYjhXRi-0
Indeed it did.  Funny shit.

Those guys are good.

P.s. - In the original set I love the Eichman one.
(July 18, 2016 at 12:51 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Indeed it did.  Funny shit.

Those guys are good.

P.s. - In the original set I love the Eichman one.

The one where it took about a year to execute the Hebrew-speaking nazi....? I laughed at that one too. It really is an interesting thought though at the end of the day. What would happen if social media had in fact been available just over 2,000 years ago (I know, we might have had the Chrstianophobia and don't judge Christianity etc)? I can just imagine Sky News or the NY times with headlines of beheadings, miracles, religious genocides, incest etc.....
Yep.  That's the one.

I doubt any religion could have survived the invention of cell phone cameras.
(July 18, 2016 at 12:28 pm)RobertE Wrote: Thanks for the link Mini, and if you are into that stuff, I think this one is going to make you laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbzYjhXRi-0

Absolutely rip-roaring! Thanks for that!!
[Image: sig_zpsf1akqqpa.png]
(July 18, 2016 at 2:48 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Yep.  That's the one.

I doubt any religion could have survived the invention of cell phone cameras.

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Had an interesting encounter with a so called Christian on social media today GODZILLA 16 2471 May 24, 2018 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Astreja
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7599 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Media and Religion? ReptilianPeon 5 1007 May 29, 2015 at 10:39 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Media Bias for Islam Gooders1002 16 3527 March 18, 2014 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Rabb Allah