Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:43 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cell Types and Computing in the Retina
Cell Types and Computing in the Retina
Here is one lecture from the Allen Institute that looks intriguing. I just watched one about the structure of the brain. It was interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBW-OrVGAA

I haven't watched this lecture yet. I am about to watch it. Join me. We can chat about it afterward.
Czechlervitz30
RE: Cell Types and Computing in the Retina
I'm barely awake as it is...

Also, I'm already struggling to get through this.

https://soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/40-i...d-krakauer
(July 18, 2016 at 10:40 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'm barely awake as it is...

Also, I'm already struggling to get through this.

https://soundcloud.com/samharrisorg/40-i...d-krakauer

I enjoy boring complex lectures.
Czechlervitz30
(July 18, 2016 at 10:45 pm)Czechlervitz29 Wrote: I enjoy boring complex lectures.

Clearly, unlike my eyesight without correction.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(July 18, 2016 at 10:45 pm)Maelstrom Wrote:
(July 18, 2016 at 10:45 pm)Czechlervitz29 Wrote: I enjoy boring complex lectures.

Clearly, unlike my eyesight without correction.

Without the retina no one could read a single religious book. Sadly, it is not a prerequisite to understand how your retina works in order to read a religious book. Maybe in the future humans will have to know how their brain works and be licensed in order to even speak. Sounds quite dictatorial. But it might be logical.
Czechlervitz30
(July 18, 2016 at 10:54 pm)Czechlervitz29 Wrote:
(July 18, 2016 at 10:45 pm)Maelstrom Wrote: Clearly, unlike my eyesight without correction.

Without the retina no one could read a single religious book. Sadly, it is not a prerequisite to understand how your retina works in order to read a religious book. Maybe in the future humans will have to know how their brain works and be licensed in order to even speak. Sounds quite dictatorial. But it might be logical.

How would that be logical?
(July 18, 2016 at 10:57 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(July 18, 2016 at 10:54 pm)Czechlervitz29 Wrote: Without the retina no one could read a single religious book. Sadly, it is not a prerequisite to understand how your retina works in order to read a religious book. Maybe in the future humans will have to know how their brain works and be licensed in order to even speak. Sounds quite dictatorial. But it might be logical.

How would that be logical?

Maybe I should have said that only science education is necessary. Not, the weekly bible indoctrination on Sundays and Wednesdays like I went through outside of school.

(July 18, 2016 at 11:01 pm)Czechlervitz29 Wrote:
(July 18, 2016 at 10:57 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: How would that be logical?

Maybe I should have said that only science education is necessary. Not, the weekly bible indoctrination on Sundays and Wednesdays like I went through outside of school.

Religion is severely crippling and i was quite crippled in my head by all the religious indoctrination. I get that I have to move on. But, what a fucking joke of a life I had, good god.
Czechlervitz30

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stem cell therapy with MS brewer 45 8086 March 24, 2018 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: I_am_not_mafia
  Stem Cell research Fake Messiah 4 976 December 29, 2016 at 12:22 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Our Medical Types Should Be Interested In This. Minimalist 3 1079 January 5, 2016 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Spectacular animation of the inner life of a cell orogenicman 4 2001 October 26, 2010 at 7:00 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  Single cell evolution Darwinian 1 1415 May 13, 2010 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist