Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
King James is the real Bible.
King James is the real Bible.
Hi.
The King James version of the Bible really is the only true word of God.
This has been proven over and over again.
I've never read anything that can disprove the KJV isn't real. Having read other Bibles you can see they do not compare as the KJV actually comes from the scriptures and tells you the real words of God and unlike other Bibles the words were translated correctly and not changed to fit other religions dogma.

I will pray for you all.
RE: King James is the real Bible.
(July 19, 2016 at 5:31 am)KJV-reader Wrote: Hi.
I've never read anything that can disprove the KJV isn't real. Having read other Bibles you can see they do not compare as the KJV actually comes from the scriptures and tells you the real words of God and unlike other Bibles the words were translated correctly and not changed to fit other religions dogma.

I will pray for you all.

Thanks, but please don't.

I will pray for you all.

I missed those proofs. I've read a lot about the KJV, most of it isn't good.

Would you like to show us some of the proofs that the KJV is the proven word of God?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hehehehe... You made my day matey...

I had the best chuckle!

Cheers..
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Do you have anything interesting to discuss or are you just here to preach? Because that's not really welcome.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I will pray for you all.

No, it hasn't been proved to be the word of god. That's utterly ridiculous. It's a bunch of stories, that's all.

No one is trying to disprove it is real. You are making the argument from ignorance. You can make it about almost anything. If all you've got is assertions, you're not going to get very far here.

"You can't prove it's not true" does not imply "It is true / It is reasonable to believe it is true"

Also, I don't give a fuck. I'm not looking for cults to join, real or not.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome aboard.

I'm not fond of discussing any particular version of the bible, but why do you suppose the KJV is superior to any other written in Latin or Greek?
Actually, shouldn't it be a bit of a mix between 5th century BC Hebrew and 1st~3rd century AC Greek and Aramaic?

Any version in English (or any other language that is not the book's original) has to be some sort of translation - carrying with it errors, of course.
These errors can be simple distractions, or intentional changing of the context.... or extreme difficulty in conveying the original message, thus botching it up... or literal translation which discards the original meaning... or or or...

For me, the best strategy seems to be: learn the languages in which the original was written. Read it thus. [you may be surprised along the way]
Act smug over those poor sods who cannot read the original and have to content themselves with some shoddy translation.
Write your own fully annotated and unbiased translation.
Get rich!
1/10 troll.  You gotta ease it in, really work it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
The King James version of the Bible really is the only true word of God.[...]

Nope - same horsesh*t as any other version.

(July 19, 2016 at 5:31 am)KJV-reader Wrote: I will pray for you all.

Mmm-kay, thanks... I'll sacrifice a child to Satan for you.
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
[Image: 17mbc4.jpg]

[Image: 17mbcg.jpg]
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Satanic Bible vs Christian Bible ƵenKlassen 31 7451 November 27, 2017 at 10:38 am
Last Post: drfuzzy
  Did King David rape Bath-sheba? Tonus 77 24688 December 3, 2014 at 2:38 am
Last Post: Drich
  Bible Prophecy... Is This For Real???... AT7iLA 22 5605 March 4, 2014 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: truthBtold
  James Randi's next grand debunking Rokcet Scientist 22 9950 February 24, 2012 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
Question Bringing Down the King Cinjin 40 9750 May 6, 2011 at 12:32 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  JESUS KING OF ALL NUTS Inspectorcritic 11 4614 January 2, 2010 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Ashes1995
  King Religions Jayp 18 9198 May 26, 2009 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Jayp