Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 7:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motives of the Nice Driver
Motives of the Nice Driver
I would like to explore the actions of the Nice truck driver in a psychological manner in this thread.
Alex brought up a few points in another thread. I wish to explore them here.

Let's see how the forum as a group feels about the driver's motives.

It's obviously a very complex issue and there are a myriad of factors involved in his final decision
The questions I have are:

Why take out so many people of varying ethnicities. What did he accomplish in his mind?
Was martyrdom in the back of his mind? This would make it a religious crime. But why kill other innocent muslims?

Do you feel that people are attracted to this type of fanaticism because of other underlying social pressures?
If this is the case, then religion/ISIS isn't at fault at all ...It's just the scapegoat for today.
If so, then let's examine what these other underlying pressures might be?

EG:
I am especially confused as to how/why a middleclass white Australian boy (non arab/non muslim) can get radicalised on the net,
take a plane to fight the good fight overseas (without his parents knowing), and get killed no long after arriving there.
What ideology intoxicated him to do that? Was he told the world is bad, be noble and join the freedom fighters?

In fact with most suicide bombings, there are always some who die who were not the enemy, but this doesn't seem to deter anyone?
How do they justify that? In their mind, do they believe that the "good" dead are collateral martyrs also! (who never had a say in the matter)

Can someone please explain all this to an ignoramus...

Also, what will take its place in 3 years, 10 years? Or will this trend just become more popular?!
Trendy like planking, but whoever kills the most people gets the highest score!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nice tits LinuxGal 17 1172 September 22, 2023 at 7:07 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Nice paper on ERV's popeyespappy 0 863 April 20, 2013 at 12:30 am
Last Post: popeyespappy