Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jewish Creationism
Jewish Creationism
I received an email from my friend asking me if I can refute a Jewish argument for creation in reference to a specific lecture. She asked this because she's now working with someone who is Jewish and thinks evolution is made up and says the theory from the lecture below threatens the theory of evolution. (My friend is an atheist, but she doesn't seek out discussions and arguments the way I do, so she's not used to the typical creationist arguments) I can pretty much probably take my Christian arguments and use them both ways, but she posted a link asking if I can refute that specifically.

I hope to listen to it when I have time, but I thought I'd post about here and ask your thoughts if you feel you have time to give it a listen. The lecture speaker is a bit bland, I listened to a little bit of it. So it might be difficult to listen to, but I know some of you like to listen to various arguments to try to refute it, and we rarely talk about Creationism from a Jewish angle, so have at it!

http://www.inner.org/torah_and_science/e.../index.php
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
RE: Jewish Creationism
It sounds like this guy is recording this in his garage while moving boxes...

It seems the strange logic this guy is using is:

Jewish Mysticism (Kabalah) jives with modern science
Intelligent Design is modern science
Intelligent Design trumps evolution because it jives with Jewish Mysticism
Therefore evolution is crap and Jewish Mysticism pwns and god exists

That's what I get out of 20 painful minutes of just the first "lecture".
Where did you think the xtians got their creationism from??
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Quote:I received an email from my friend asking me if I can refute a Jewish argument for creation in reference to a specific lecture. She asked this because she's now working with someone who is Jewish and thinks evolution is made up and says the theory from the lecture below threatens the theory of evolution. (My friend is an atheist, but she doesn't seek out discussions and arguments the way I do, so she's not used to the typical creationist arguments) I can pretty much probably take my Christian arguments and use them both ways, but she posted a link asking if I can refute that specifically.

I hope to listen to it when I have time, but I thought I'd post about here and ask your thoughts if you feel you have time to give it a listen. The lecture speaker is a bit bland, I listened to a little bit of it. So it might be difficult to listen to, but I know some of you like to listen to various arguments to try to refute it, and we rarely talk about Creationism from a Jewish angle, so have at it!

Simple http://biologos.org/resources/nt-wright-...m-and-eve/

NT wright is a leading scholar.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ultra-Orthodox Jewish Man Stabs Six At Jerusalem Gay Pride March downbeatplumb 18 5295 August 3, 2015 at 1:20 am
Last Post: Shinagami
  Women in 'marginal' Jewish sect told not to drive ReptilianPeon 8 2268 May 29, 2015 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Jenny A
  Jewish Funamentalists and Segregation Jenny A 12 3438 January 7, 2015 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: abaris
  Iran unveils a memorial honoring Jewish heroes Mystic 2 1468 December 20, 2014 at 10:57 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What is Jewish Atheism? theyear12013 12 6056 December 9, 2013 at 12:22 am
Last Post: theyear12013