Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The philosophy of reaching God through utter depression
First, listen to this new song by Adele, it's very smoothing.

Life is very depressing. Failing to see or catch the depression point to a direct and utter impairment in the individual's sense of surroundings; some call it "rudeness", others prefer "immature mentality ", While the vast majority call such a person "naive".

Everything ends, as a matter of deal that we know its truth before even starting the interaction: it ends. 

What did we sell? and who is the buyer? 

Forcefully, we sell our own lives.
And somebody is draining that life out of us until fully depleted.

We know the end; we know what we signed on. Thus, we don't quite "enjoy life" if we understood this fact.
We will need more. The more that lasts. That is common sense.

Who's the buyer, anyhow?
According to this philosophy, we know only one thing: he claims our souls at the end.

We have no saying in this. This life was never meant to be lived; otherwise JT would've got born without cancer; Sandy would've had spent her college years without extra weight from Cortison shots, Khalid would've stopped worrying about his religiously lost father beating his mother, and kids in Somala wouldn't have had born skinny with big balloons of flesh from hunger.
RE: The philosophy of reaching God through utter depression
....What?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(July 25, 2016 at 10:28 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: ....What?

Atlass' life is super shitty, and so he imagines that your life and my life is super shitty.  

@Atlass
Sorry, but my life is not only meant to be lived...I'm living it.  So no thx...yet again. Your "claimer" can do whatever it wants with my corpse when I'm dead.......like the vulture that it is. If you take issue with the plight of others, that's between you and your god, who willed it.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Adele doesn't even write her own songs. You should have said, "listen to this new song written by one of the ten guys who produced Adele's album for her." As for the rest, I don't really understand what you're talking about, but I love you anyway, Atlas!
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
My life is pretty fuckin' great thanks, and I did it all without an invisible friend.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
The original post seem better titled as "utterly defeated by depression, reduced to an incoherent, hallucinating wreck, bitterly, perhaps violently, resentful of all who found other ways to be less depressed".    Which sort of describes much of the current state of Islam if you think about it.  No wonder he clings to it.
I'm surprised that the U.S. didn't get blamed for his depression.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:Life is very depressing.

I had to stop reading here, because when the premise is this flawed, what follows will only be worse.

I honestly sorry for your depression, Atlas. You might change the opening to 'My life is depressing'. I find my own life to be quite enjoyable.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
That was his mo months ago, FNM, his condition has progressed since then.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I suspect your first problem is that you think that shit is soothing.  You need to ride in elevators for a few months and soak up the Muzac.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How worthless is Philosophy? vulcanlogician 125 5252 February 27, 2024 at 7:57 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Philosophy Recommendations Harry Haller 21 1414 January 5, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  The Philosophy Of Stupidity. disobey 51 3593 July 27, 2023 at 3:02 am
Last Post: Carl Hickey
  Hippie philosophy Fake Messiah 19 1604 January 21, 2023 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Serious] Generally speaking, is philosophy a worthwhile subject of study? Disagreeable 238 12984 May 21, 2022 at 10:38 am
Last Post: highdimensionman
  My philosophy about Religion SuicideCommando01 18 2625 April 5, 2020 at 9:52 pm
Last Post: SuicideCommando01
  High level philosophy robvalue 46 4928 November 1, 2018 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: DLJ
  Why I'm here: a Muslim. My Philosophy in life. What is yours;Muslim? WinterHold 43 8228 May 27, 2018 at 12:20 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does one need to go through traumatic experience to truly appreciate living? Aegon 27 3140 May 14, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Philosophy of Mind: Zombies, "radical emergence" and evidence of non-experiential Edwardo Piet 82 12000 April 29, 2018 at 1:57 am
Last Post: bennyboy