Our server costs ~$33 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 21st January 2017, 09:18

Poll: Who would you vote for
Sean Penn
Ted Cruz
Third party/wouldn't vote
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who would be a better president? Sean Penn vs Ted Cruz
Who would be a better president? Sean Penn vs Ted Cruz
I thought this was an interesting article, what if the Democrats nominated the equivalent of Donald Trump, how would the left respond.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_p...minee.html

Quote:Republicans have faced an excruciating choice in 2016: Get behind their own party’s mortifying nominee or cede the White House to a deeply despised rival.
It’s an easy call from the left side of the fence. Democrats are baffled when seemingly sane conservatives like Paul Ryan and John McCain promise to vote for the GOP’s loony new standard-bearer. We tut-tut. We roll our eyes. We s our gdhs.

But confronted with the same dilemma, I wonder how the left would respond. If a dopey populist surge somehow contrived to foist a wackadoo lefty nominee on the American electorate, how many of my fellow Democrats would feel obliged, for the sheer safety of the nation, to vote for an especially hated but well-qualified right-wing opponent? And how many would swallow hard and climb on board with the wackadoo?

Since most people on these board lean left, thought I'd add a poll.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
RE: Who would be a better president? Sean Penn vs Ted Cruz
I would vote for Penn. I think I could manipulate him easier. Christie worries me. Just by sheer girth I would feel overpowered and dominated. It is a primary goal in my life to avoid male on male rape.
"Churches are becoming political organizations... It probably will not be long until the churches will divide as sharply upon political, as upon theological questions; and when that day comes, if there are not liberals enough to hold the balance of power, this Government will be destroyed. The liberty of man is not safe in the hands of any church." R. Ingersoll

Wow! I responded to Penn vs. Christie. Well now you know!
"Churches are becoming political organizations... It probably will not be long until the churches will divide as sharply upon political, as upon theological questions; and when that day comes, if there are not liberals enough to hold the balance of power, this Government will be destroyed. The liberty of man is not safe in the hands of any church." R. Ingersoll

(2nd August 2016, 23:20)chimp3 Wrote: Wow! I responded to Penn vs. Christie. Well now you know!

Right, one vote for fear of getting raped by Chris Christie. lol.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
Vote for me for Dictator for Life.
Never trust a crazy woman.

Angel

Do I get pleasure as well as pain?
(12th January 2017, 11:33)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(12th January 2017, 11:16)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Those who compare God to the tooth fairy are douchebags.
True that, at least the Tooth Fairy gives you something in return for your belief and sacrifical offerings. When was the last time god ever did anything for anyone?
"You don't change the world by staying at home and being good" - Mooney
"I reserve the right to be irrational"
― Gemini
(2nd August 2016, 23:38)Alasdair Ham Wrote: Do I get pleasure as well as pain?

I won't turn you onto your shell and leave you in the sun.
Never trust a crazy woman.

Angel

I'd still vote Libertarian.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/

Into the blue ...
(2nd August 2016, 23:50)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I'd still vote Libertarian.

I can't vote in US elections. But if I could, I'd probably vote Libertarian too.
I've never paid much attention to Sean Penn's political leanings.

He was anti War in Iraq before the vote. He was super critical of the Bush presidency because of the ongoing occupancy of the Middle East. He is pro-LBGT, he is done a lot more humanitarian work than I have, and he stands for liberal values.

He seems to have a ridiculously inflated ego, probably a little megalomaniacal. It seems he thinks he is the intermediary for every long standing conflict in Central/South America. He was friends with Hugo Chavez.

I'd vote for him over Cruz.

I would vote for Kasich over Penn.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

----->Please Consider Helping out a Beautiful Golden Retriever Just by Using Amazon!!!<-----
                               |It seriously doesn't cost you anything extra, you just buy things on Amazon and Amazon donates...|

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why's it so difficult for some to accept Obama was a good president It_Was_me 44 737 13th January 2017, 15:42
Last Post: Khemikal
  Better Hurry Up With That Wall, Drumpfucks. Minimalist 1 111 12th November 2016, 17:04
Last Post: abaris
  Warren 2020 (First female US President) Grandizer 23 558 10th November 2016, 22:00
Last Post: Sterben
  Trump is president; Who is to blame? Whateverist 169 3331 10th November 2016, 12:05
Last Post: abaris
  What can you tell me to make it feel better? Whateverist 44 752 10th November 2016, 00:44
Last Post: Tiberius
  RE: The positive case for voting Donald Trump for president. Minimalist 200 4319 8th November 2016, 16:26
Last Post: Tazzycorn
  The positive case for voting Hillary Clinton for president. Whateverist 113 2094 7th November 2016, 23:54
Last Post: Alasdair Ham
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 267 30th August 2016, 18:32
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  I Guess This Makes It All Better Minimalist 8 280 10th August 2016, 12:20
Last Post: Crossless1
  Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton for President Tiberius 43 1868 14th July 2016, 06:10
Last Post: ReptilianPeon