Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law
Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law
I found an English translation of the 10 commands of their god and after some thinking (something the believers tend to avoid at all costs) I found out that their Church and they themselves keep breaking one of these commands. Well, they break a lot more than just one, but this one in particular is quite obvious.

The second command says "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Well, your god is in "the heaven above", so is any other god who visited the Earth before your god did. Also, you keep claiming your god is in everything that is part of the Earth - the rocks, the water, the air and so on. But this command says you can not worship anything that is part of the planet. So basically your god commands you not to worship him either thus contradicting his own first command. And what about the "carved image" part? He commands you not to make a carved image of ANYTHING and yet you (christians) keep producing statues of christ and all sorts of things with his presumable face. So, the way I see it - you constantly break his law.

Let's skip to the 6th command - "you shall not kill". And yet it wasn't just one or two times when I was threatened with death by christians because I refuse to accept the bullshit they believe.
So, if my refusal to accept your bullshit makes me sinner, it turns out you're even more sinful than I am.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
RE: Christians are the greatest sinners according to their god's law
You have actually received multiple credible threats on your life from Christians because you refuse to accept their personally held beliefs? Is this an honest evaluation or embellishment?
I heard the Ten Commandments was just for the Jews.
Do not kill another Jew.
Even so, Moses, after having just brought the Ten Commandments back, proceeded to kill a whole heap of them for worshipping a bull, even though they did this before they'd ever seen the Ten Commandments.
Everyone who has definite opinions and uses the internet gets a death threat sooner or later. They don't really count, usually the person making the threat has no idea who you really are, even if they were actually inclined to get off their butt to track you down and do you in.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
Farkin' L, really?
I hope I don't ever get one.
Death threats on the internet is a common occurrence, spend thirty minutes in LoL and you'll have some snotty twelve year old sending you death threats. And with a death-centered loony cult, it's also pretty common to receive death threats if you keep engaging fundies. But with focus on that, you might be missing the point in the OP... just saying!
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(August 3, 2016 at 9:01 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: You have actually received multiple credible threats on your life from Christians because you refuse to accept their personally held beliefs?  Is this an honest evaluation or embellishment?

So, you're perfectly okay with members of your religion threatening to kill people, thus treating one of the greater cornerstone ideas of that religion- the ten commandments- as semi-optional when you're angry enough, just so long as they don't really mean it? Dodgy
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(August 3, 2016 at 10:19 am)Esquilax Wrote:
(August 3, 2016 at 9:01 am)PETE_ROSE Wrote: You have actually received multiple credible threats on your life from Christians because you refuse to accept their personally held beliefs?  Is this an honest evaluation or embellishment?

So, you're perfectly okay with members of your religion threatening to kill people, thus treating one of the greater cornerstone ideas of that religion- the ten commandments- as semi-optional when you're angry enough, just so long as they don't really mean it?  Dodgy

That seems like quite a logic and grammatical jump you made there!
(August 3, 2016 at 10:27 am)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(August 3, 2016 at 10:19 am)Esquilax Wrote: So, you're perfectly okay with members of your religion threatening to kill people, thus treating one of the greater cornerstone ideas of that religion- the ten commandments- as semi-optional when you're angry enough, just so long as they don't really mean it?  Dodgy

That seems like quite a logic and grammatical jump you made there!

I'm not the one who insisted that the threats must be "credible," as though death threats that aren't intended to be carried out are somehow consistent with christian ethics and values. It's either that this demand for credibility is irrelevant, or this particular christian takes intimidation and threats of breaking a commandment to be perfectly moral, so long as there's no intention to carry them out.

There ain't exactly a third option there.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(August 3, 2016 at 8:53 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: I found an English translation of the 10 commands of their god and after some thinking (something the believers tend to avoid at all costs) I found out that their Church and they themselves keep breaking one of these commands. Well, they break a lot more than just one, but this one in particular is quite obvious.

The second command says "You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them."

Well, your god is in "the heaven above", so is any other god who visited the Earth before your god did. Also, you keep claiming your god is in everything that is part of the Earth - the rocks, the water, the air and so on. But this command says you can not worship anything that is part of the planet. So basically your god commands you not to worship him either thus contradicting his own first command. And what about the "carved image" part? He commands you not to make a carved image of ANYTHING and yet you (christians) keep producing statues of christ and all sorts of things with his presumable face. So, the way I see it - you constantly break his law.

Let's skip to the 6th command - "you shall not kill". And yet it wasn't just one or two times when I was threatened with death by christians because I refuse to accept the bullshit they believe.
So, if my refusal to accept your bullshit makes me sinner, it turns out you're even more sinful than I am.

I think that you are unjustifiably breaking up the text.   The issue becomes when you are worshipping the thing that you made (statue).

As to your comment on the 6th commandment, I think you need to provide more details to comment.  I think that if they are informing you of the consequences of sin, that would be different, from threatening for them to kill you themselves, if you don't conform to what they believe.  I don't think that simply saying that you are going to die, applies here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral Law LinuxGal 7 525 November 8, 2023 at 8:15 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 975 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58000 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  Why did Jesus suffer for sinners and not victims zwanzig 177 17906 June 9, 2021 at 11:14 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  didnt want to necropost: what completing the law means. Drich 18 1269 May 12, 2020 at 10:51 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1735 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Christians vs Christians (yec) Fake Messiah 52 7593 January 31, 2019 at 2:08 pm
  Jesus suffering vs eternal suffering of temporary sinners purplepurpose 72 9193 November 19, 2018 at 4:55 pm
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 876 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Christians: What line are you unwilling to cross for God? Cecelia 96 10254 September 5, 2018 at 6:19 pm