Our server costs ~$33 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 20th January 2017, 14:04

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you cooking/eating right now?
What are you cooking/eating right now?
Pulling an all-nighter making this huge pot of pasta sauce.

Post what you're either cooking or eating here. 
Let the jealousy begin......

[Image: 20160805_025501.jpg]
Please consider becoming a patron to help offset site costs and to get rid of EGO
Click here for more info and to sign up Smile
Avatar compliments of Luckie with some assistance by Losty Heart
RE: What are you cooking/eating right now?
Oh my FSM, that looks delicious.

Family recipe?
A little bit yes and no. It's a recipe passed down and brought over with my grandfather from Sicily and goes back 8 generations. I've changed it a bit. Normally I use fresh tomatoes from the garden, but ours aren't ready yet so canned it was. The store bought tomatoes are pumped with air or gas prior to shipment to help turn them red during shipping. They are tasteless as a result, which is why I have to use canned when I don't have my own available.
Please consider becoming a patron to help offset site costs and to get rid of EGO
I don't think anything else can go in here.

[Image: 20160805_032634.jpg]
Good thread! We have a drinking thread after all!
(12th January 2017, 11:33)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(12th January 2017, 11:16)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Those who compare God to the tooth fairy are douchebags.
True that, at least the Tooth Fairy gives you something in return for your belief and sacrifical offerings. When was the last time god ever did anything for anyone?
"You don't change the world by staying at home and being good" - Mooney
"I reserve the right to be irrational"
― Gemini
It's been simmering for three hours now. I need to add parmesan cheese to it but I don't have enough room lol
Alas....it is done. Now to let it cool down before putting it all in containers. Made enough sauce for 14 or more meals. All for around $9.00. Not bad for six hours worth of work. That should last for two months and it's better than store bought.
Alas.....now for the clean up and to make room in the fridge and freezer.

[Image: 20160805_062744.jpg]
Looks lovely. When my pot is that full I end up with little dots on the walls and even the ceiling sometimes.
It seems you are, like myself, also not lucky enough to be able to cook with fire.
I've looked at getting natural gas but the nearest outlet is a block away.
I can't get gas bottles because they need to be up against a wall 1 metre away from a window and I have too many windows.
It's so true that your own tomatoes are so much better and that canned is better than store bought, but I never knew why, thanks for that info.
I grow tomatoes almost all year around in the back walled section of my yard to prevent frost.
I also make shitloads of Napoli but I also like to make bacon and tomato soup, often when I've run out of red wine and I've got tomatoes coming out of my ears. :-)
I'm only facetious because I like to use all the vowels at once, in order.
Only came in to say I read the title for a moment as " Who are you cooking/eating right now?".

I think the thread is a good idea, though. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's everyone up to right now? Stimbo 35333 1128593 2 hours ago
Last Post: Cthulhu Dreaming
  How's Everyone Feeling Right Meow? Alasdair Ham 5612 122009 15th January 2017, 00:45
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  What are you drinking right now? Bella Morte 646 16997 19th November 2016, 16:17
Last Post: Vic
  What's everyone cooking for turkey day? mh.brewer 43 671 18th November 2016, 23:58
Last Post: Thena323
  What are you reading right now? Excited Penguin 4 145 25th October 2016, 23:47
Last Post: Cato
  Now do you understand why I said STAY AWAY! mh.brewer 12 480 15th June 2016, 08:46
Last Post: mh.brewer
  Something is not right in my head wolf39us 16 641 28th May 2016, 10:35
Last Post: vorlon13
  Is/Are your pet(s) right pawed or left pawed? mh.brewer 15 843 25th February 2016, 21:47
Last Post: vorlon13
  "I may be fat, but I beat my eating disorder" Napoléon 225 12677 18th February 2016, 03:03
Last Post: Bella Morte
  Where Are You Going Right Now? Alasdair Ham 20 971 1st February 2016, 10:16
Last Post: houseofcantor