Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool and Distressing At The Same Time
Cool and Distressing At The Same Time
Dark Ages Palace Found In Cornwall

Cool because it is a major find that is going to give us a much better understanding of post-Roman Briton in the dark ages, distressing because I foresee scads of people claiming it as definitive evidence of the Arthurian legends.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Cool and Distressing At The Same Time
(August 6, 2016 at 7:17 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: ... distressing because I foresee scads of people claiming it as definitive evidence of the Arthurian legends.

And because I can no longer say "I believe that Jesus existed as much I believe that Robin Hood and King Arthur existed"

Please never tell me that they've unearthed a trove of green tights near Nottingham.

Sad
The PURPOSE of life is to replicate our DNA ................. (from Darwin)
The MEANING of life is the experience of living ... (from Frank Herbert)
The VALUE of life is the legacy we leave behind ..... (from observation)
RE: Cool and Distressing At The Same Time
I love tintagel, everything there is Atrhurian themed and bonkers, but it's beautiful.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This Is Pretty Cool Minimalist 7 748 December 7, 2018 at 8:40 am
Last Post: viocjit
  This is very cool.. Minimalist 9 2186 December 27, 2015 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This Is Cool. Minimalist 16 2570 October 14, 2015 at 9:45 am
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon