Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
You're born fucked: what are you going to do about it?
You're born fucked: what are you going to do about it?
We don't choose the package we are born with.

Some of us get an abusive parent(s), some turn obese due to parental failure in managing a child's diet. some are born with cancer, others have hidden sicknesses waiting to show up.
Life is not fair. Some are even born rich; while others rot climbing the work hierarchy.

In the Quran, God says:

( Sura 21 verse 47 )   And We place the correct scales for the Day of Resurrection, so no soul will be treated unjustly at all. And if there is [even] the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it forth. And sufficient are We as accountant.

The correct scales will be put then; in the day of judgement. They won't be like the scales of this life; they won't be unfair scales, scales that favor one over the other since birth.

The moment we realize that this life is so unfair, mostly comes when we wake up to a certain needle in our grave; like discovering that we have a chronic disease, or that we are ugly, or that we are smelly, or that we are...human?

Though, what if a person came bragging about their awesome lives, not giving a fuck about others who unfairly suffer without doing a single thing?

No, life is not good. some Children are born with disabilities that prevent them from "dancing it up" in the local nightclub.

A verse says:

( Sura 10 verse 7 )   Indeed, those who do not expect the meeting with Us and are satisfied with the life of this world and feel secure therein and those who are heedless of Our signs
( 8 )   For those their refuge will be the Fire because of what they used to earn.
RE: You're born fucked: what are you going to do about it?
Dunno.
Your assertion that I was born fucked is certainly true for me. I'm not quite sure that religion is going to help me there though, since it was part of what fucked me. I also don't accept that the a day of judgement is anything that I have to look forward to. Several religions claim that I would be treated poorly by that judgement simply because of who I am, so I wouldn't want that to be true anyway. That's actually a major part of what made my early life so miserable.

Seeing this again doesn't make it look any brighter to me. Life certainly sucks, but I've found other things that have put a smile on my face. Everything behind me looks dark, so I'm going to keep moving forward instead. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll have that knife against my wrist again (please don't drop the pity on me, everyone. I'm well over it because of my life choices).
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Judgement day is a human invention just like god is, so I wouldn't worry about it. It was created because of the feeling of powerlessness to change the way other people live and foolish hopes that they will scare those other people and make them live their lives according to the religion. But I fail to see how one can scare another person who doesn't believe in this shit.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
Allah designed me to be this way, designed you to be your way. Allah is testing me in such and such a way, testing you. Can you handle Allah's test for you or no?

Tanks, Allah, I guess. Thanks for fucking over humans. We're all fucked so thanks Allah. Allah lives to inflict pain and suffering on us all.

The concept of "justice in the afterlife" is a mix of wishful thinking and a means by religious elites to control the population.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(August 18, 2016 at 3:36 am)Jesster Wrote: Your assertion that I was born fucked is certainly true for me. I'm not quite sure that religion is going to help me there though, since it was part of what fucked me. I also don't accept that the a day of judgement is anything that I have to look forward to. Several religions claim that I would be treated poorly by that judgement simply because of who I am, so I wouldn't want that to be true anyway. That's actually a major part of what made my early life so miserable.

Seeing this again doesn't make it look any brighter to me. Life certainly sucks, but I've found other things that have put a smile on my face. Everything behind me looks dark, so I'm going to keep moving forward instead. Otherwise I'm afraid I'll have that knife against my wrist again (please don't drop the pity on me, everyone. I'm well over it because of my life choices).

I can tell OP is an amalgam of sheer stupidity and repackaged statements about nothing at all, and I haven't even read two words of it.
It's just not worth responding to, IMO. But I hope you're ok. Heart
Religion offers nothing. It only demands from people to suffer in the name of doing good things in this lifetime to get better afterlife.

This magical investment program triggers me.
Yeah, life's a bitch, but wallowing in self-pity will do you no good. Neither will dreams of an afterlife.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(August 18, 2016 at 4:16 am)Excited Penguin Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 3:36 am)Jesster Wrote: Your assertion that I was born fucked is certainly true for me. I'm not quite sure that religion is going to help me there though, since it was part of what fucked me. I also don't accept that the a day of judgement is anything that I have to look forward to. Several religions claim that I would be treated poorly by that judgement simply because of who I am, so I wouldn't want that to be true anyway. That's actually a major part of what made my early life so miserable.

I can tell OP is an amalgam of sheer stupidity and repackaged statements about nothing at all, and I haven't even read two words of it.
It's just not worth responding to, IMO. But I hope you're ok. Heart

Hey now, don't worry about me. Life may suck in several ways, but I'm not slipping off that cliff anymore. What's important is to find ways to make this life better for ourselves instead of waiting for it to be over. I doubled down on that after I realized that I had no reason to believe in an afterlife. Life seems more precious when it's the only one I have.

As for the OP, I'm actually fine chatting with him. I see this as a chance to share life experiences. I've seen a lot of theists just dump their claims and call us idiots for not agreeing. There's a chance for a conversation here that won't necessarily lead to the same absurdities. If I'm wrong, I can double down on that as well.
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were I A Muslim I'd Stop Going To Those Fucking Mosques. Minimalist 11 3270 June 26, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Looks As If Turkey Is Going Down The Shitter, Too Minimalist 49 6637 June 19, 2016 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah ReptilianPeon 24 4229 April 4, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  ISIS fucked with the wrong people. dyresand 19 4134 January 14, 2015 at 12:03 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Atheists were born Muslims Sleepy 143 24076 December 6, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas