Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 5th fundamental force discovered?
Possible 5th fundamental force discovered?
I am surprised no one has picked this up and inquire with our resident ban hammer wielding particle physicist:

Http://phys.org/news/2016-08-physicists-...ature.html
RE: Possible 5th fundamental force discovered?
Oh but I have!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I'd love to better understand what the currently known forces do before I concern myself with a fifth, but exciting news, of course. Still, I have a lot of reading ahead of me.
I mean, there's gravity, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, weak nuclear, and love, right? And when you put the rings together Captain Planet shows up?!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(August 18, 2016 at 2:28 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I'd love to better understand what the currently known forces do before I concern myself with a fifth, but exciting news, of course. Still, I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

The counting is a bit silly, but usually the four are 1. Gravity, 2. Electromagnetism, 3. the strong nuclear force 4. the weak nuclear force

Strictly speaking, the Higgs boson produces a fifth force, but it usually isn't counted.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(August 18, 2016 at 4:01 pm)TheRealJoeFish Wrote: I mean, there's gravity, electromagnetic, strong nuclear, weak nuclear, and love, right? And when you put the rings together Captain Planet shows up?!

https://youtu.be/TCBttS_y7lE
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Ok mea culpa, I apparently missed posting about it here when it came out a coupla months ago, I only blogged and tweeted about it in German. I think it was largely debunked before I could get round to posting it here. The problem is that this wasn't the first time these people claimed a new light boson, and never quite explained why their previous claims should be ignored and replaced by different new ones. noone believes the experimentalist's claim any more really, and it only received wider attention because Jonathan F. and friends decided to write a speculative theory paper on it.

This had better not be God's love. Now I'll go read the OP.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Body Of Water Discovered On Mars A Theist 4 954 July 26, 2018 at 6:32 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Possible solution to eliminate hurricanes? Fake Messiah 6 2089 September 10, 2017 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Force of a 12V push-pull electromagnet switch Darwinian 20 3617 May 16, 2016 at 4:51 am
Last Post: Darwinian
  There Is A Deep Disturbance In The Force - no, it's not a movie! God of Mr. Hanky 9 1384 February 12, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  How many fossils have been discovered? Mudhammam 16 10998 January 11, 2014 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Most Recent European Great Ape Discovered Justtristo 9 4011 January 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Antimatter belt around Earth discovered by Pamela craft downbeatplumb 16 7826 August 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris