Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:36 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What the fuck is love mate?
What the fuck is love mate?
Alright, so I've heard about this love thing for a while.

Okay, so my brain's not developed enough to know the feeling and experience of love since I'm only 12 and I've got a few years. But I've wondered...

How the fuck will I know what it is when I'm older.
I felt some symptoms of it around someone but I doubt it'll last. I'm goin' to 8th grade in a few weeks so maybe by then I'll learn how to express it...
I'm pretty sure it's different from lust even though that is a factor I heard.

But for now I want to know what to expect when I'm in love or deeply in "like".

Is it the opposite is hate? I've felt "weak in the knees" but I'm not to sure.

But I don't every hate anyone I just strongly dislike them (except Ken Ham... fuck him).

So if you know what it is I'd like to know. If there is something I can "love" it's knowledge... It's so beautiful I can get off to that shit.

RE: What the fuck is love mate?
Trust me, when it hits you...you'll know. It'll knock you on your arse and make you feel like you could take on the universe, but also burn your whole chest cavity along the way. And yeah, it's different from lust, though I've found there's some overlap between the two personally.

But you have a while yet before you need to worry about such things.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(August 18, 2016 at 7:13 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Trust me, when it hits you...you'll know. It'll knock you on your arse and make you feel like you could take on the universe, but also burn your whole chest cavity along the way. And yeah, it's different from lust, though I've found there's some overlap between the two personally.

I guess but I do have a long way but what are some heads up just incase it hits me quite hard.

(August 18, 2016 at 7:15 pm)ScienceAf Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 7:13 pm)Iroscato Wrote: Trust me, when it hits you...you'll know. It'll knock you on your arse and make you feel like you could take on the universe, but also burn your whole chest cavity along the way. And yeah, it's different from lust, though I've found there's some overlap between the two personally.

I guess but I do have a long way but what are some heads up just incase it hits me quite hard.

I won't sugar-coat it - you get hit with a full broadside, it's gonna fucking suck. It'll take over your life, demand every moment of your time and every molecule of your attention.
But it will also be the most incredible, amazing thing that'll happen in your life up to that point. You feel every emotion you're capable of expressing and your brain constantly works at creating entirely new ones the whole time.

There's a reason they write so much poetry about this shit mate. You'll find out why one day. Good luck for when it hits ya Wink
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
Just a way to guarantee the continuation of the human race.
(August 18, 2016 at 7:21 pm)Iroscato Wrote:
(August 18, 2016 at 7:15 pm)ScienceAf Wrote: I guess but I do have a long way but what are some heads up just incase it hits me quite hard.

I won't sugar-coat it - you get hit with a full broadside, it's gonna fucking suck. It'll take over your life, demand every moment of your time and every molecule of your attention.
But it will also be the most incredible, amazing thing that'll happen in your life up to that point. You feel every emotion you're capable of expressing and your brain constantly works at creating entirely new ones the whole time.

There's a reason they write so much poetry about this shit mate. You'll find out why one day. Good luck for when it hits ya Wink

I know it's not "love" but I have a crush on someone. I talk to her a lot and stuff, she isn't necessarily hot but I'd like to ask her out...

What is it and what can I do?

Save

Although I've felt love, given/expressed what I feel is love, I don't understand love. It is an over used word that can mean almost anything. Use the word attraction, fondness, attached, infatuation, ..........

What to do? Ask her out. Movie is a good first date. Not to much talking in the beginning and you have something to discuss after.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Love isn't something you can understand very well. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

It's just one of those things where you just gotta dive in head first and see how it turns out. You're gonna win some and lose some dude, but don't let the "losses" keep you from trying again. Take it from me - I've had nothing but failure when it comes to love, but i'm still trying.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. For if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes unto you."
easy when younger (for me anyhow) to mistake lust for someone new as 'love'. try not to act on that too seriously.

In the fullness of time, have been bit 3 times and managed to punt all 3.

and I'll beg to differ about 'knowing' for sure that one is in love.

I've found it's possible to be in love with someone and not realize it.

-and-

it's possible to fall in love with someone long after they are gone

-and-

it's also possible for you to be around someone who is in love with you and for you (and them too) to be totally unaware of it

LOL, watch Star Trek: TOS The Cage for the creepy aliens remarking about humans abilities to hold secrets from themselves, and then watch Kyle Reese tell Sarah Connor in Terminator he came across time for her and have a good cry.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Love is a label we put on a serious of chemical reactions and electrical impulses in the brain. It's a process that has evolved along-side the social development of our species that is important to our survival. The reason we don't completely understand everything there is about it yet is because we don't completely understand everything about the inner workings of the human brain yet.

I'm such a romantic! Time to go back to my sappy romance stories I've been watching! (Nana is a great anime so far)
I don't believe you. Get over it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What the fuck even is my life Ahriman 30 1370 August 27, 2023 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  G'day Mate...... Brian37 74 5682 June 22, 2019 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  somebody, Please Talk Sense into My Stupid Head. I Think I'm Getting Ready to Fuck Up Rhondazvous 30 2241 September 13, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  When The Ever-Loving Fuck Did THIS Become Acceptable?? BrianSoddingBoru4 40 4556 July 17, 2018 at 10:53 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Shit Piss Fuck Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker and Tits Fireball 12 1892 March 17, 2018 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Should I fuck off to bed. Succubus 11 1354 January 27, 2018 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: John V
  People you would fuck? NuclearEnergy 93 26401 June 27, 2017 at 7:06 pm
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Where the fuck are these people? paulpablo 51 11693 February 22, 2017 at 4:35 am
Last Post: paulpablo
  Are you a worrier or a don't give a fuck type person. paulpablo 23 5192 February 22, 2017 at 4:03 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Bwahaha! Fuck Off Fuckers.. Minimalist 19 2144 January 20, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: energizer bunny