Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Study
Interesting Study
http://www.heritagedaily.com/2016/08/sch...als/112484

Quote:Schizophrenia Emerged After Humans Diverged From Neanderthals

Quote:A new study in Biological Psychiatry may help explain why-comparing genetic information of Neanderthals to modern humans, the researchers found evidence for an association between genetic risk for schizophrenia and markers of human evolution.

“This study suggests that schizophrenia is a modern development, one that emerged after humans diverged from Neanderthals,” said John Krystal, Editor of Biological Psychiatry. “It suggests that early hominids did not have this disorder.”
RE: Interesting Study
Wonder what did it then. I guess, it has to make some sense, as far as nature is concerned.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
We suddenly had fewer people to talk to.  Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Or more, depending on your particular schiz point of view.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It must be true, because it's a Catholic study Foxaèr 15 1865 January 14, 2018 at 6:38 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  This is interesting brewer 5 1106 January 2, 2017 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Interesting snippet on Tx resistent depression. brewer 73 8018 August 30, 2016 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Okay. Interesting Hypothesis Minimalist 2 715 August 29, 2016 at 4:44 pm
  An interesting read about BP treatment brewer 4 1010 July 24, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  Interesting Study.... Minimalist 0 698 April 5, 2016 at 11:57 pm
  Okay - Interesting thought Minimalist 6 1261 March 8, 2016 at 6:24 pm
Last Post: Exian
  Interesting Headline in the War on Cancer.... Minimalist 24 4817 February 24, 2016 at 12:56 am
Last Post: Ravenshire
  New study shows 132.8% of men are pedophiles? Rev. Rye 9 3182 July 22, 2015 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Genetic study suggest Polynesians had contact with Native Americans before Columbus Anomalocaris 0 916 October 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris