Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The origins of Humanities Objective Knowledge and the fundamental mistake of behavior
The origins of Humanities Objective Knowledge and the fundamental mistake of behavior
Acquisition of knowledge by humanity is dependent on the consciousness of the individual. When a person makes an observation and comes to an understanding, this understanding is this person's subjective knowledge.

If another person, on making a similar observation, arrives at a similar subjective understanding, this knowledge they share can be taken to be part of humanity's objective knowledge.

Thus, all of humanity's objective knowledge is a subset of all of humanity's subjective knowledge; that is, there can be no objective knowledge that has not been some person's (dead or alive) subjective knowledge.

Thus, an intrinsic assumption behind all of humanity's objective knowledge is the similarity of the axioms of consciousness of the individuals.

With regard to the study of consciousness, the object of study must be once own consciousness. Behaviourism attempts to study consciousness via the behaviour of another person. These is like hoping to study mathematics by getting some body else to study it.
[Image: cbab2662709f343e9718d7b1fab6a715.jpg]
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: The origins of Humanities Objective Knowledge and the fundamental mistake of behavior
Copy, pasta, copy pasta.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
RE: The origins of Humanities Objective Knowledge and the fundamental mistake of behavior
(August 19, 2016 at 9:13 pm)abaris Wrote: Copy, pasta, copy pasta.

[Image: 353def8740a91e41c6662e62bce0e8a411105249...7e1312.jpg]
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Yeah, it is. Crucify me if I'm wrong, but this is our good old and unlamented Randy Carson.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(August 19, 2016 at 8:03 pm)fdesilva Wrote: Acquisition of knowledge by humanity is dependent on the consciousness of the individual. When a person makes an observation and comes to an understanding, this understanding is this person's subjective knowledge.

If another person, on making a similar observation, arrives at a similar subjective understanding, this knowledge they share can be taken to be part of humanity's objective knowledge.

Thus, all of humanity's objective knowledge is a subset of all of humanity's subjective knowledge; that is, there can be no objective knowledge that has not been some person's (dead or alive) subjective knowledge.

Thus, an intrinsic assumption behind all of humanity's objective knowledge is the similarity of the axioms of consciousness of the individuals.

With regard to the study of consciousness, the object of study must be once own consciousness. Behaviourism attempts to study consciousness via the behaviour of another person. These is like hoping to study mathematics by getting some body else to study it.

Translation: People look at stuff, think about it, and learn things.

This is news?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Puff. Puff. Pass!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  On whether the Word made flesh is a category mistake LinuxGal 2 466 November 17, 2022 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  On theism, why do humans have moral duties even if there are objective moral values? Pnerd 37 3148 May 24, 2022 at 11:49 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Objective Standard for Goodness! chimp3 33 5732 June 14, 2018 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Objective morality: how would it affect your judgement/actions? robvalue 42 8312 May 5, 2018 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: SaStrike
  The Objective Moral Values Argument AGAINST The Existence Of God Edwardo Piet 58 13748 May 2, 2018 at 2:06 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  my suggestions of seeking knowledge. Mystic 70 10154 March 18, 2018 at 1:36 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Can somebody give me a good argument in favor of objective morality? Aegon 19 4445 March 14, 2018 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Autonomous vehicle objective morality! ignoramus 0 804 July 26, 2017 at 5:21 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is morality objective or subjective? SuperSentient 50 11460 May 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
  Limit of knowledge? SamWatson 23 4076 April 9, 2017 at 7:15 am